New Crispy Fried Boudin Balls – De-Casing A Cajun Classic

The offset fourth dimension I had Cajun-style boudin sausage, I was confused. I’d ordered something called “sausage,” but that’s non what I got. Instead of the firm, meaty underground I was used to, I was served a tough, rubbery casing filled alongside a soft, wet, paste-like meat in addition to rice mixture.

It had pork in addition to alligator inward it, amidst other things, in addition to had I non been inward ane of the most famous restaurants inward New Orleans, I’d convey idea the chef had done something drastically wrong. It was incredibly delicious, but the texture, in addition to the fact yous had to mash it out of the casing to eat, took about fourth dimension for me to process.

I’ve come upwards to empathise how in addition to why it’s done that way, in addition to it’s larn ane of my favorite foods. However, since the casing is cipher to a greater extent than than a delivery system, I much prefer to cast the boudin into balls, in addition to child them every bit seen herein.

The textural contrast betwixt the crispy exterior in addition to moist, savory within is a wonder to behold. The gustatory modality is but every bit impressive. Intensely flavorful in addition to satisfying, these boudin balls would win whatsoever Super Bowl nutrient tabular array on which they appeared. Hint, hint.

Just don’t larn out out the liver! I know yous “hate” it, but I don’t care, position it inward anyway. It makes this wonder of American cuisine what it is. I actually promise yous plough over these boudin balls a assay soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for close 48 Boudin Balls, depending on the size:
1 3/4 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cutting inward 1-inch cubes
6 ounces chicken livers, cutting inward 1-inch pieces
1 xanthous onion, diced
2 celery ribs, diced
1/2 loving cup diced poblano chili or greenish bell pepper
1/2 loving cup diced jalapenos (seeded first)
6 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons kosher tabular array salt (1 1/2 to two tbsp if using tabular array salt)
1 1/2 tablespoons dark pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cayenne
4 or five cups fully-cooked white rice,
1/2 loving cup fresh chopped parsley
1/2 loving cup fresh chopped greenish onion
Enough seasoned flour, beaten eggs, in addition to manifestly breadcrumbs to staff of life the balls

- Fry at 350 F. for 3-4 minutes until browned, crisp, in addition to hot inside.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close