New Focaccia Di Recco – Treating Myself

When I process myself to a personal “food wish,” it’s ordinarily something I’ve eaten out as well as locomote obsessed over, as well as this episode is a classic case. There’s a Ligurian eating seat called Farina close us, as well as I’ve locomote a full-blown focaccia di Recco stalker. 

After watching them locomote far inward front end of me as well as then many times, I had to plow over it a try. It doesn’t expect similar the focaccia most of us are used to, but come upwardly to detect out, “focaccia” merely agency whatsoever flatbread cooked inward a hearth, as well as varies portion to region.


This item representative hails from Recco, as well as is null to a greater extent than than roughly Stracchino cheese trapped inward betwixt two, super-thin layers of dough. The dough is null to a greater extent than than flour, water, olive oil, as well as salt; but thank you lot to a real hot oven, as well as this likely ancient technique, roughly serious flatbread magic happens.

As I confess inward the video, I was scared to utilisation also much cheese, but I’ll utilisation to a greater extent than adjacent time. At Farina, you lot tin dismiss run across a sparse layer of the molten Stracchino oozing out betwixt the layers. My Crescenza cheese was basically absorbed, but piece you lot couldn’t run across it, you lot could surely gustation it, as well as it was amazing.

The obvious inquiry is, tin dismiss you lot add together other fillings to this? Yes, but don’t. It’s perfect…as long equally you lot detect the cheese. Please, detect the cheese (no substitutions volition live offered #toughlove). 

 By the way, I’m officially recommending the quarter canvas pan seen herein, which is what they utilisation inward the restaurant, but I holler back a circular tart pan would operate equally well. In fact, from what I run across online, the circular pan seems to live the standard. I can’t hold back to endeavor this again, as well as sincerely promise you lot plow over it locomote equally well. Enjoy!


Ingredients for 2 small-scale or i large Focaccia di Recco (Tip for get-go timers: Make a double batch of dough as well as then you lot convey plenty to operate with!)
*2 cups all-purpose flour (9.5 past times weight)
1/2 loving cup addition 2 tbsp water           
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3/4 tsp fine salt
*use plenty flour to shape a soft, but non also gummy dough. Knead for nigh 5-6 minutes to from a smooth, elastic dough. Let residuum i hr at room temp.
12 oz Crescenza or Stracchino cheese (6 oz for each focaccia) 
extra virgin olive oil as well as bounding main salt, to gustation for the overstep
Bake at 500 degrees F.for nigh 6-7 minutes, or until well-browned
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close