New Fresh Fig Together With Caprine Animal Cheese…Tart?

There are worse problems inwards the kitchen than making something that tastes amazing, but is really hard to name. Like, for example, something that’s slow to name, but tastes terrible. Luckily, this fresh fig too caprine animal cheese “tart” was the former.

I wanted to brand some form of crostata, or galette-type, free-form tart, which I’ve done successfully inwards the by (and convey the video to seek out it), but instead of using criterion pie crust dough, I decided to campaign something a fiddling to a greater extent than rustic, too savory, using spelt flour too olive oil.

I knew this would twain beautifully amongst the sweetness fruit, too tangy cheese, but what I didn’t know, was that it would terminate upwards existence agency likewise crumbly, too pretty much useless equally a tart crust. So, I crumbled it into the bottom of a shallow ramekin, too the residuum is history.

As predicted, the combination of flavors actually worked extraordinarily well, too the somewhat gritty texture of the “crust,” added to the interest. But, what the heck is this? I don’t intend it’s a tart. An upside-down crumble? Sandy tart? I hand up, but if yous convey some fourth dimension to kill, I’d beloved to know what yous would telephone telephone this delicious accident. Semantics aside, I promise yous hand this a campaign soon. Enjoy!


For  the crust (makes plenty for most iv modest tarts):
1 loving cup sprouted spelt flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp sugar
1/4 loving cup olive oil
3 or iv tbsp water, or plenty to shape a crumbly dough

For 1 “tart:”
about 1/3 loving cup “crust” mixture
2 ounces creamy fresh caprine animal cheese
1 dark mission fig, sliced
tiny pinch of salt
very tiny pinch of cayenne
1 tbsp white sugar
spring of fresh lemon thyme
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close