New Peanut Curry Chicken – Cheque Please!

There’s a present called “Check, Please! Bay Area,” which features 3 locals who endeavour each other’s favorite restaurants, as well as hence compare notes alongside host, Leslie Sbrocco. We teach lots of nifty ideas for places to try, as well as every 1 time inwards a acre I remove heed close a dish that I actually wishing to make, as well as this peanut curry chicken is the latest example. The eatery was called Old Skool Café, as well as the dish was “Abu’s West African Peanut Butter Stew.” 

I was working acre it was on, as well as non paying amount attention, only I think thinking that it sounded similar something I’d similar to endeavour soon. That was a yr ago. 

Last week, Michele as well as I ended upwardly going there, as well as I lastly had my jeopardy to gild the stew, as well as contrary engineer the recipe for a video. Except, I didn’t gild it. I convey this mental defect where convey to I gild fried chicken every fourth dimension it’s on a menu. Michele was no help, since she has the same illness alongside shrimp as well as grits. 

Anyway, mortal ordered it at the tabular array side past times side to us, as well as I overheard them discussing it, which provided enough of inspiration for this version. I decided to non follow whatsoever specific recipe, only instead usage a uncomplicated composite of every peanut curry I’ve always come upwardly across. 

Unlike Abu’s stew, as well as many others, I didn’t purpose kokosnoot milk, equally I experience that’s a lilliputian equally good sweetness as well as rich for the peanut butter. I loved how this came out, as well as I can’t imagine it beingness whatsoever richer. I actually promise yous laissez passer this a endeavour soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for four large portions:

For the spice blend:
2 teaspoons dry soil coriander
2 teaspoons dry soil cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon kosher salt, summation to a greater extent than to sense of savour
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
                                                                                  
2 1/2 pounds chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large xanthous onion, chopped
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 loving cup ketchup 
3/4 loving cup smoothen peanut butter (I recommend using an all-natural mode that doesn’t comprise sugar. If yous purpose the regular stuff, yous won’t require the brownish saccharide called for below). 
1 packed tablespoon brownish sugar 
about 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, depending on desired thickness 
1 pound zucchini, cutting into chunks 
1 crimson bell pepper, cubed 
1 greenish poblano pepper, diced 
1/2 loving cup roasted peanuts 
chopped cilantro as well as fresh lime to garnish 
serve on rice
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close