Love To Bake Buta Kakuni - Aff Japan Butakakuni # 3



My married adult man loves buta kakuni. He volition club this whenever possible during out dine outs at his electrical current fav Japanese eating seat inward Ipoh. Of which is why I wanted to prepare it.

I went through a few recipes as well as constitute Nami's recipe to hold out quite similiar to what nosotros ate every bit I knew the meat was in 1 trial fried.
The training lead maintain a lot of time, every bit said past times Nami herself, the effect is worth it.




I did a few changes or  should I nation the lazy me skipped the step. I didn't pound as well as mould the meat.
And I misread her recipe thinking the ginger, leeks as well as saltation onions were dissever into 2 parts for braising, exclusively to realise my error when it's fourth dimension to produce the braising alongside dashi, that at that topographic point are no longer onions as well as leeks into it. But I yet set them in, as well as they all melted, luckily!
I also used to a greater extent than mirin, but less saccharide , because I desire to role to a greater extent than of the mirin I have.


My pork seems to hold out on the nighttime side...... reason? I burnt it at stride 5. LOL. Didn't realize it has dried upward as well as and thence when I added inward to a greater extent than water, the gravy turned much darker,but luckily no burnt scent yet. Just an added fighting of smoky flavour.

This pork is actually really troublesome to cook, haha, but my hubby had a proficient fourth dimension during dinner. So,it's actually worth it.
It also happened I had guests over as well as they too, enjoyed these.

White mat: 1st as well as sec phase of cooking, Black mat: third phase of cooking


Buta Kakuni
Adapted from recipes/braised-pork-belly-kakuni/">Just 1 Cookbook 

750gm pork belly
25 +25gm ginger
1 leek, white as well as dark-green separated
2 saltation onions, white as well as dark-green separated
1 bird's oculus chilli (optional)
three difficult boiled eggs

four Tbsp Japanese soy sauce
three Tbsp Sake
half dozen Tbsp Mirin
2 Tbsp sugar
750ml dashi (kelp + fish)

1. Cut the pork into large cubes. Pan tiddler the pork cubes until lightly golden.
2. Place the pork cubes into a pot, set inward plenty H2O to cover.
3. Put inward 25gm ginger, as well as the dark-green parts of the leek as well as saltation onions. Bring to a boil as well as lower to a simmer for 2 hours.
4. Strain the pork as well as discard the remnants as well as proceed the broth(won't hold out a lot) as well as pork
5. Put everything dorsum inward pot as well as set inward the ease of ingredients. Bring dorsum to a boil as well as lower to a simmer as well as set a plate over the pork as well as allow it prepare for 1hour.
6. Remove the plate as well as set inward eggs as well as chilli as well as prepare for roughly other thirty minutes.




I am submitting this to Asian Food Fest Nihon Month
hosted past times Alan of Travelling Foodies

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close