Love To Bake Goiabinhas @ Brazilian Guava Cookies - Cookies #4

baked as well as lightly golden :)


Someone roughly me went to Brazil on a employment organization trip as well as asked me if I needed anything. The showtime matter that sprang to my heed was Goiabada, the pinkish guava glue that I i time read most on Lena's Romeo as well as Juliet cake.

When  this somebody went there.... the hotel he was staying was simply correct beside a supermarket, as well as and then he tried to honour it  for me. He told me, "You are soooo lucky. These are the concluding ii packs on the shelf".





There are many versions online as well as many types of pastry. I saw i rolled upwardly cookie  on Elin's blog, as well as and then I intend I desire to displace that, equally it uses cream cheese. Seems interesting.
The pastry was overnice to piece of work with, pliable, as well as slow to curlicue as well as wrap. The cookie had  a crisp tender crumb, as well as didn't gustation also buttery. But i downwards side is that, it  doesn't continue good for  more than ii weeks inward my kitchen. It started to odor stale after that.


The guava glue wasn't good liked yesteryear us when eaten simply similar that, a flake also sweet. But they gustation delicious when baked equally a cookie, they gustation tarter. When I served it to my guests during  Chinese New Year's Day (year 2012, haha, seriously been inward draft this long), I made them justice the filling...non got it  right. It came rather equally a surprise that it's guava.

Few months later.. I got  4 to a greater extent than packs of goiabada flown inward from Brazil, as well as they are however inward my refrigerator instantly :)
Waiting for  the solar daytime when I volition start doing something amongst them again, of which this lazy bum simply never got the engine revved up.

What else tin I produce amongst them? Any suggestions?

before baking


Goiabinhas
Makes 100 cookies (depending on size)

170gm cream cheese
230gm salted butter
ii Tbsp caster sugar
200gm all run flour
125gm cake flour
300gm goiabada (guava paste). Cut into 3cm long, 7mm thick sticks

1. In a large bowl, amongst an electrical mixer, trounce together the cream cheese, butter,and saccharide  on medium
speed until light, most ii minutes.
2. Then on depression speed, gradually trounce inward the flour simply until mixed. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 crumbly mixture volition form.
3. Using your hands, pat the crumbly mixture together to shape a dough ball.
4. On a lightly floured surface, curlicue out the dough into a foursquare or rectangle most 1/8 inch (3mm) thick.
5. Cut the dough into fifty-fifty 4cm squares. Put i spell of the goiabada diagonally onto the pastry square. Roll it up. Repeat to utilisation upwardly all the dough.
6. Bake inward a preheated oven at 150(fan)/170C for xv minutes or lightly golden



.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close