New Steak Pizzaiola – Amend Belatedly (Summer) Than Never

I’ve been wanting to post service this steak pizzaiola recipe for a piece now, only was bidding my time, waiting for those perfectly ripe late-summer tomatoes earlier trying it. 

Of course, those accept been available approximately hither for many weeks, only every fourth dimension I’d purchase some, I’d speedily piece of employment them on sandwiches, salads, etc., earlier getting to brand this cracking dish. Hey, a BTL tin live very seductive.

Well, I’m happy to denote I was lastly able command my volition power, in addition to saved plenty for a beautiful bowl of concasse, which is the mortal of this superb sauce. Speaking of concasse – which is naught to a greater extent than than a fancy French culinary term for peeled, seeded, in addition to chopped tomatoes – I’ll live posting a video for how to produce those on Tuesday, then remain tuned.

Like virtually every recipe nosotros post, in that place are hundreds of ways to brand pizzaiola; from versions featuring slow braised tough cuts, similar chuck or rump roast, to speedily seared tenderloin medallions, similar I used here. The ane matter well-nigh people concur on is that y'all should, if at all possible, piece of employment actually fresh, really sweet, vine-ripened tomatoes.

Having said that, this would piece of employment amongst some finely chopped, canned San Marzano tomatoes inward a pinch. I likewise encourage the piece of employment of both dried in addition to fresh oregano, which I intend piece of employment cracking together inward this quick sauce. Anyway, I actually promise y'all accept access to some beautiful tomatoes, in addition to that y'all laissez passer on this steak pizzaiola recipe a endeavor soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 pound beef tenderloin steaks, cutting into four medallions
salt in addition to pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1 loving cup mushrooms
2 tsp butter
1 loving cup sliced or diced sugariness and/or hot peppers
4 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 loving cup white wine
1 loving cup finely chopped, peeled in addition to seeded Lycopersicon esculentum (aka concasse)
pinch of hot chili flakes
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
toasted staff of life in addition to mozzarella, optional

View the consummate recipe

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close