Love To Bake Chestnut Cookies


When I saw this cookie on Jennifurla's , I was totally smitten. Chestnut!!! How creative this is.
And alongside two packs of chestnuts that I have, I but can’t plow over this recipe a miss.

The recipe is adapted from a Russian tea cake/Mexican marriage ceremony cake recipe, something like to our local Kuih Makmur, a pop Raya cookie. So, if you lot dearest chestnuts in addition to those said cookies, you lot shouldn’t non crusade this.It's non hard to make, provided if don't demand to tegument ur ain chestnuts.
It dense (not fluffy) due to the moist finely milled chestnuts, but melts inward the mouth, plus, it’s wonderfully fragrant alongside chestnuts.

But 1 confession to make, Lyanne’s saliva is introduce inward this cookie. When I went to Jusco few days dorsum to exercise my weekly grocery shopping, Anchor butter was on sale, in addition to hence I took half dozen blocks. While queuing to pay money, Lyanne grabbed a block of butter, unwrapped it in addition to started licking the butter. Lydia screamed ,"Mommy, SEEEEE!!" Lyanne was happily savouring that unfortunate block of butter. I rapidly removed it from her, placed the wrapper dorsum on in addition to proceeded to queue. Lyanne screamed at me, bespeak for that butter back. LOL. It was a funny and ugly sight. Kid screaming for butter at the supermarket, I'm yet laughing now.

My kids dearest butter every bit much every bit I do. It’s inward the genes. So, when I wanted to brand this cookie, I used upwards the contaminated block first. Anyway, that’s kid’s saliva in addition to it’s baked, so, whatsoever that mightiness hold upwards inward there, is already killed. It’s safe! LOL.

All that I got from the recipe, 130 pieces of cookies inward raw form

Chestnut Cookies
Loosely adapted  from this post, I ate a few, which was why I was left alongside 225gm)
250gm +50gm cake flour
Icing saccharide for coating (won’t demand much, but it depends on your coating technique :p)

1. Mill bundle chestnuts until fine. Mix alongside 250gm cake flour.
2. Mix butter in addition to icing saccharide alongside a large spoon. No demand to trounce til fluffy, but mix to combine.
3. Pour one-half of the chestnut flour into butter mixture in addition to mix. Add inward the balance.
4. If dough is also moisture in addition to soft, adjust alongside the 50gm of flour, you lot may non add together all. Some chestnuts are drier in addition to around are wetter.
5. Form modest balls of dough, every bit large every bit a modest fishball, or the size of a modest lime.
6. Preheat oven to 180(fan)/200C
7. Arrange on baking pan (1 inch infinite is enough) in addition to bake for 12 minutes. If your cookies are larger, delight extend the time.
8. Place ½ loving cup icing saccharide inward a modest basin, if icing saccharide is clumpy, run it inward the manufacturing works life for a few seconds.
9. When cookies are done, take away from oven. While they are yet hot, coat alongside icing saccharide past times putting a few of the hot cookies into the icing sugar(8) in addition to deed the basin alongside a sifiting motility to coat. Place sugared cookies dorsum on to tray in addition to permit it cool in addition to coat the ease of the cookies inward the same way.

in its baked shape in addition to the departure of beingness bare in addition to made upwards alongside "powder"


that's the size of my cookie past times comparison


I hated the air current when I took these pictures. Blew away all the squeamish "make up"


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close