Love To Bake Pork Tocino


If y'all don’t convey whatever visit nigh this, it’s similar gustatory modality similar KingDo ribs, except that it uses pork shoulder, done inwards Filipino style. It’s a breakfast dish amongst rice in addition to eggs, but err.. I served this for dinner.

I was a combat scared yesteryear the sum of tabular array salt in addition to saccharide it called for. Call me a wimp, but perhaps 2 cups of saccharide volition non scare y'all off, but it did scare me

I did unopen to changes to the recipe, likewise lowering the tabular array salt in addition to sugar. I used Coke instead of lime flavoured carbonated drinkable which tin live on either 7-up or Sprite. Cos I read inwards other sites, anisado wine, which is a star anise flavoured vino should live on used inwards the marinade. Coke has unopen to spice notes inwards it, so, I used this instead of 7-up or Sprite. And both coke in addition to pineapple juice has tenderizing functions, in addition to this pork is non tough but tender, but non too tender that it falls apart. I’m non certain what volition direct identify if y'all usage fresh pineapple juice, but I simply followed Anne to usage Lee construct pineapple juice, but inwards reduced amount. I drank the rest, yummy yummy.

Pork Tocino (adapted from Simply Anne's)
1kg pork shoulder slices
250ml canned pineapple juice (Lee brand)
125ml Cola drinkable (coke or pepsi)
125ml ketchup
80ml calorie-free soy sauce
200gm chocolate-brown saccharide (at source I set inwards 100gm, but I did unopen to tasting the adjacent twenty-four hours in addition to it tasted sourish rather than sweet, in addition to hence I added inwards to a greater extent than sugar)
1 Tbsp grated garlic
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp set down dark pepper

1. Marinate everything together 48 hours inwards the fridge. (Use stainless steel/glass or ceramic container.)
2. Put a petty crude inwards a heavy based pot in addition to set inwards pork slices. Brown both sides in addition to pour inwards 1 loving cup of the marinade. Cook on medium estrus until the gravy dries up

Actually I overcooked the pork. I was existence non contented amongst the means the gravy coated the pork, in addition to hence I slightly cooked it further, hoping that it would coat the pork nicely, but inwards the end,  it looked similar char siew. Taste wise, it'got a slightly charred flavor in addition to it's simply non right. Very dissimilar from what I took samples of before (before it looked similar char siew). Maybe I didn't stir the marinade, in addition to the saccharide settled downwards (in the marinade container) when I poured the gravy into the pot. Which was why it didn't thicken in addition to coat the pork.


And since at that spot was loads of marinade left over, I didn't desire to waste matter it and  set inwards iii pieces of boneless chicken whole legs in addition to allow it marinate for unopen to other 24 hours. Cooked it the same means in addition to it was in addition to hence delicious.

And this time, the chicken turned out exactly the means it's supposed to be, prettily coated amongst the reduced marinade. (so, if y'all desire to seek this, construct yours to await similar this chicken, non the pork above)
The reduced sauce was at the consistency of ketchup, in addition to I separated the chicken in addition to "ketchup", in addition to hence that the gravy tin live on used equally a dipping, should anyone prefered extra gravy. Indeed, all slurped up.

After Mike ate this, he said, should we start a home restaurant???


What he meant yesteryear abode eating seat was allowing somebody dinners of others over at our house,
like a pocket-size scale restaurant.

My response: Huh???
He's into 1 of those dreams again.
Always quest me to create this or create that to construct money.

If y'all holler back this is his source idea, no it is not.
He has asked me whether tin sell my rice dumplings and Cha Siew Pau over the network in addition to courier them.
Hahaha!!! I simply laughed at the idea.

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close