Love To Bake Cerise Edible Bean Glue Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽

 I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽


It's most Duan Wu Jie again...
I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was 16... together with they were difficult together with stuck to every fleck of the bamboo leaves...

Then my mum asked a "professional"... he told us..... "When the dumplings are cooked, operate out them inwards the H2O for at to the lowest degree four hours, together with then hang to air dry. This way, u'll acquire soft dumplings."

My MIL asked me why my Gan Sui Joongs were non bouncy..... To brand them bouncy... only add Boric Acid/Borax (pang sar), a type of additive for many types of comercially prepared foods together with it tin also brand fishballs bouncy. My mom told me that my maternal grandmother used to seat this into all her zongzi together with they lasted for weeks w/o referigeration.

Up to u together with then to seat or non to put, but I'd rather sacrifice the bounciness.... Even the "professional" said.. "Aiya, a fleck of pang sar won't kill you lot la, if not, the gan sui joong volition non live nice"

I exclusively made Gan Sui Joong amongst fillings since final year.. requested yesteryear love hubby..

1st attempt-2007.. soaked the cherry-red beans overnight.. together with I tried steaming them... three hours!! Kill me...

2008.... I used my mom's pressure level cooker to ready the beans.. xv minutes of cooking after soaking overnight...but afterward conduct maintain to cut down over burn uncovered.. around other xx minutes..but, it's naught to live compared to steaming for three hours!!

So, here's how I did it, measuring yesteryear step

Red Beans Filling
400gm cherry-red beans (soaked overnight)
250gm saccharide (adjust to ur preference, but conduct maintain to live sweeter because they volition unloosen around of their sweetness after boiling inwards the dumpling)
Cook beans either yesteryear steaming or boiling until soft. Add inwards sugar, mix well.

Dumplings
1 kg gummy rice (soaked overnight, or at to the lowest degree ii hours)
four Tbsp Lye H2O (gan sui)
Mix rice amongst lye H2O until rice turns yellowish.
 I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽



Wrapping
fifty pieces of softened bamboo leaves
Enough grass or rafia strands tied amongst a hanging knot.


AssemblyHang grass strands or rafia strings on a potent hook.
Shape bamboo operate out into a cone.
 I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽
Put inwards 1 tsp rice.
 I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽

Put inwards ii tsp cherry-red edible bean paste.
 I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽
Cover amongst ii tsp rice.
 I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽
Wrap up. Make certain rice is not compact amongst infinite left for expansion. (method below)Tie amongst soaked grass strands or rafia string.

Method to twine up I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽  I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽

 I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽  I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽
 I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽  I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽
 I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽  I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽
 I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽
4 pretty dumplings all tied upwards on ii grass strands. Gan Sui Joong are rather small, so, 1 strand tin necktie upwards 2

CookingPut all dumplings into a big pot together with comprehend amongst water.
Boil for ii hours together with plow off the heat.
Leave dumplings inwards H2O for at to the lowest degree four hours. This is best done earlier u sleep, thence that u tin operate out them overnight inwards the water.
The side yesteryear side solar daytime accept out dumplings together with hang upwards to air dry out for an hour. If the wrapping foliage is also dry, the dumpling volition stick to the leaf.

 I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽  I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽  I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽


Video on how to twine (updated 6/6/13)



 I offset learnt to brand Gan Sui Joong when I was  Love to Bake Red Bean Paste Rice Dumplings (Hong Dau Gan Sui Joong) 红豆鹵水粽
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close