New Maple Walnut Cranberry Sauce – I'm Fine Now, Simply One Used To Last Nuts

It funny how for sure nutrient memories stick inward your brain, together with this maple walnut cranberry sauce is the consequence of 1 such remembrance. I can’t country y'all when or where, but sometime during my formative years I saw a cranberry sauce loaded amongst chopped walnuts, together with I totally freaked. 

Not outwardly, equally I convey a decent poker face, but within I was like, “what the hell is that?” That’s how it was for me early on inward life. If I saw a nutrient prepared differently from the agency I’d ever seen it, I simply assumed it was a terrible idea. Like ketchup on a hot dog…okay, then I happened to last correct that time, but to a greater extent than oftentimes than non it’s non a bang-up mental attitude to have.

As I pondered this season’s annual Thanksgiving cranberry sauce, together with which styles I hadn’t tried yet, I remembered how off-putting that walnut-studded version was, together with I decided to human face upward my demons. I’m happy to report, equally usual, I was totally wrong. It plant perfectly.

Besides the nuts, I actually enjoyed the project the maple syrup did sweetening the acidic berries. I recommend using a Grade B maple syrup if y'all tin detect it. It’s darker together with thicker, together with boasts a stronger maple flavor, then it’s the preferred syrup for cooking together with baking past times those inward the know (also know as, “Canadians”).

So, if you’re looking for novel together with exciting cranberry sauce recipe this vacation season, I promise y'all ambit this a try. You’d last nuts non to. Enjoy!


Maple Walnut Cranberry Sauce Ingredients:
(makes nigh two cups)
1 (12 oz) packet fresh cranberries, washed
1 cinnamon stick
1/4 loving cup white sugar
1/2 loving cup maple syrup
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1/4 loving cup port wine
3/4 loving cup freshly squeezed orangish juice
1 tbsp orangish zest
pinch of salt
1 loving cup chopped walnut, toasted a low-cal golden-brown
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close