Love To Bake Kurigohan, Japanese Chestnut Rice - Uncomplicated Japanese Fare #1


My blogger friend cum onetime schoolhouse mate Annie gave me about beautiful delicious koshikahari rice.
I desire to brand sum role of it, together with so, I tried cooking chestnut rice.

That time, I haven't bought my mirin, together with thence I used rum to replace.
I'm non certain if I volition submit this to AFF, haha, I used rum.



The concluding production is real elementary inwards flavours, only it's enjoyable. The faint sweetness from the chestnuts, the fragrance of the rice. Everything is subtle, only beautiful.

When I made this before this year, it together with thence happened that Annie made it before long afterward too. Because it volition live on a practiced agency to gain this precious grain. We both posted this for AFF this month.
Do take in Annie's blog to run across her chestnut rice every bit well.
Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 large give thank y'all you to Annie for the delicious rice.




Japanese Chestnut Rice
Adapted from: Lafujimama

300gm koshikahari rice
400gm chestnuts (before peeling), cutis it according to your preferred way
1 pc palm sized konbu/kelp, rinsed
1 Tbsp calorie-free soy sauce
1 Tbsp Rum (I used this to supplant mirin)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
Sufficient water

1. Wash rice until H2O runs clear together with soak it for xxx minutes. Drain.
2. Put rice into your cooking vessel. Put inwards H2O according to instructions on the packaging.
3. Add inwards all the seasonings. Stir it to dissolve.
4. Cut chestnuts into smaller pieces together with seat into the rice. Put inwards konbu too.
5. Cook rice until it is done. Let rice sit down for xxx minutes together with fluff to serve.

*I steamed my rice for xxx minutes to gain it. You tin terminate role your regular method to gain it.


Simplicity at its best...BLISS!

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close