New Beef & Guinness Stew – Drinking Together With Eating Beer On St. Patrick's Day

While I’ve never been a huge fan of drinking Guinness, I’ve ever been a dandy admirer of how wonderfully it tin elevate a elementary beef stew. The subtle bitterness from the hops, as well as toastiness from the malt, gives the gravy a depth of flavor that I actually love.

Besides, yous entirely withdraw i tin for this St. Patrick's Day-inspired stew, as well as since they’re sold inwards 4-can packs…well, yous tin create the math. This would commonly endure the betoken inwards postal service where I’d brand my annual Irish Gaelic drinking joke, but I’m non doing i this year.

Not entirely is it inappropriate, but it’s culturally insensitive, as well as I’d similar to intend I’ve matured by the betoken of going for such inexpensive laughs. Besides, my Irish Gaelic joke writer, Paddy O'Sullivan, was on a binge this week, as well as therefore I never got i from him anyway. Oh well, similar I said, in all probability for the best.

Anyway, if you’re looking for a gorgeous as well as incredibly delicious Irish Gaelic stew recipe for your St. Patrick's Day menu, this i comes highly recommended. I served mine alongside about light-green onion mashed potatoes, as well as spell I usually encourage yous to serve things similar this on whatever yous want, non this time. You must serve this alongside about shape of potato. And that is no joke. I promise yous hand this a seek soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for four large servings:
4 strips bacon, sliced into small-scale pieces
2 1/2 lb. beef chuck, cutting inwards 2-inch pieces (tossed alongside dark pepper as well as at to the lowest degree 1 tsp salt)
2 onions, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tin (14.0-oz) Guinness beer, or other night beer
1/4 loving cup love apple tree paste
4 sprigs of fresh thyme
3 carrots, cutting inwards 1-inch pieces
2 ribs celery, cutting inwards 1-inch pieces
2 1/2 cups chicken stock, or equally needed
1 tsp sugar
salt as well as freshly solid lay down dark pepper to taste
4 cups mashed potatoes, optional (not really)
- Simmer stew on really depression heat, covered, for virtually two hours, or until fork tender
- Uncover, heighten rut to med-high, as well as reduce, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens to your liking
- Taste as well as arrange seasoning!
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close