New Classic Lobster Bisque – Finally!

I unremarkably don’t withdraw keep a skillful response for why I’ve non gotten around to filming certainly iconic dishes similar risotto, beef Wellington, too puff pastry; but when it comes to lobster bisque, I produce withdraw keep a great excuse.

I won’t bore you lot alongside the details of how the tradition started (translation: I don’t remember), but for every bit long every bit I tin remember, I’ve ever made lobster bisque on Christmas Eve, to celebrate my sister-in-law Jennifer’s birthday.

And since the few days leading upwards to Christmas are ever thus busy too hectic alongside shopping, cooking, too travel, I’ve simply never felt similar I’ve had the fourth dimension to ready the photographic telly camera to properly cinema the procedure. Well, this twelvemonth I decided to plough over it a go, too despite all the aforementioned challenges, I was real happy alongside how this came out.

One give-and-take of warning: this recipe requires alive lobsters, brandy, too heavy cream. If you lot can’t get, or don’t desire to utilisation those ingredients, thus you’ll withdraw keep to build something else. Sorry, but this recipe is besides sacred for substitutions.

Speaking of alive lobsters, I know many are skeptical that these “bugs” tin genuinely experience pain, but to play it safe, I recommend putting them inward the freezer for xx or thirty minutes to knock them out mutual coldness earlier their ultimate demise.

I entirely showed the corking too the picking of the lobster meat real briefly, every bit this video was already besides long for my tastes, but below I’ll link an additional tutorial that present this inward to a greater extent than detail. Yes, this soup takes a footling flake of go too expense, but I mean value you’ll concord alongside me (and Jennifer) that all the endeavor is good worth it. Enjoy!




Makes virtually 1 1/2 quarts:
2 alive lobsters (about 1 1/2 pounds each)
1 onion, chopped
2 rib celery, chopped
3 quarts mutual coldness H2O (this volition trim past times virtually one-half during the entire cooking process)
3 cloves garlic
4 springs fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
1 loving cup crushed tomatoes
1/4 loving cup tomato plant paste
2 tsp paprika
1/3 loving cup white long grain rice
2 tbsp inexpensive brandy (inexpensive brandy tends to hold upwards a footling sweeter, too plant good here)
1/2 loving cup heavy cream, or to a greater extent than if you lot similar it creamier
salt too cayenne to taste
1 tbsp chopped tarragon to garnish

Bonus Lobster Meat Recovery Video: 
This video shows the picking of the lobster meat inward much to a greater extent than special than I did. Since they are boiling the lobster, you lot tin simply skip to the purpose where he is liberating all the meat. For to a greater extent than full general lobster info, you lot tin also depository fiscal establishment stand upwards for out this page on Allrecipes.

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close