New Lambage Rolls! Lamb & Rice Stuffed Cabbage Leaves Alongside Almonds As Well As Currants

My dearest of cabbage rolls is deep together with unconditional. I close ever brand the same version, based on my Aunt Angela’s famous recipe, but in ane lawsuit inwards a while, but for the hell of it, I’ll purpose lamb instead of beef. 

I dearest lamb burgers together with lamb meatballs, together with hence it’s no surprise that I dearest lamb-stuffed cabbage rolls, together with I’m happy to study that these detail “lambage” rolls were the best non-beef version yet!

I remembered a middle-eastern eatery Michele together with I used to frequent, which served a lamb meatball stewed alongside tomatoes together with spices, together with served over a rice pilaf studded alongside almonds together with currants. I actually loved that dish together with tried to contain those elements into these cabbage rolls.

I loved the results. Big, bold flavors, nevertheless non likewise heavy, together with similar all cabbage rolls, these were very, real comforting. I used a pretty lean grind for the lamb, but ideally the butcher volition rate yous something to a greater extent than or less a 80/20 lean-to-fat ratio.

As far every bit the remainder of the stuff, you’re on your own, together with every bit green I’ll ignore most of the “can I teach out out the [insert delicious, totally necessary ingredient here]” questions. You are the boss of your cabbage rolls, together with hence deed similar it. Anyway, I promise yous percentage my dearest of cabbage rolls, together with if yous do, I actually promise yous rate this version a try. Enjoy!


Makes 8 Lambage Rolls
1 lb soil lamb
1 loving cup rice
1/4 loving cup butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp salt
1 tsp dark pepper
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne
pinch dried oregano
1/4 loving cup packed Italian parsley
1 tbsp dried currants
2 tbsp sliced almonds
1 loving cup love apple tree puree
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 onion sliced
1 caput cabbage
salt together with pepper to taste
feta together with parsley to garnish, optional

View the consummate recipe

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close