New Lemon Berry Tartlets – Puff As Well As Stuff

About thirty years ago, I made puff pastry from scratch inwards culinary school. It came out really, actually well, together with I haven’t made it since. Why? Because frozen puff pastry is together with then readily available, together with then consistently perfect, together with and then slowly to function with, that the idea of going through all the fourth dimension together with problem to brand my ain seems sort of crazy.

Of course, that’s a pathetic mental attitude for a cook, together with 1 I’ve been fighting against all these years equally I convince people that making your ain bread, dressings, cheese, crème fraiche, etc. is a worthwhile pursuit. So, eventually I volition present you lot how to brand puff pastry, together with hopefully somehow reconcile this obvious hypocrisy, but for now, nosotros defrost.

By the way, I realize that berry flavor is in all likelihood over where you lot live, but fresh California blackberries were all the same roughly a few weeks agone when I filmed this video, together with and then I’m posting it anyway, seasonality move damned. This is actually most the technique for making lilliputian puff pastry tart shells anyway, together with I’m really confident you’ll figure out how to fill upwards them.

Speaking of which, don’t boundary your brainstorming to sweetness treats. These lovely lilliputian cups brand for a stellar base of operations for all kinds of savory bites. I’ve filled these amongst sautéed mushrooms, chicken salads, together with smoked salmon, but to advert a few. Regardless of what you lot fill upwards them with, they volition move really good received. I promise you lot laissez passer these a endeavor soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for 12 tartlets:
1 canvas frozen puff pastry, partially thawed (you should instruct 12 tartlets if you lot purpose a 2-inch cutter similar I did)
1 beaten egg
1/3 loving cup lemon curd, vanilla custard, chocolate mousse, whipped cream, or other appropriate filling
12 fresh blackberries
powdered sugar, equally needed
*Bake puff pastry at 400 degrees F. for 13-15 minutes, allow to fully cool earlier filling.

View the consummate recipe

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close