Roman-Style Gnocchi – No Potatoes Were Harmed During The Making Of This Video

Gnocchi alla Romana are equally delicious, equally they are virtually unknown. I experience similar I’ve eaten a fair total of Italian food, as well as I’ve been to Rome, but it wasn’t until piece of cake inward life that I discovered these wonderful, baked semolina dumplings.

Above as well as beyond their exquisite texture, as well as peachy taste, I honey their versatility. They’re a world-class side dish equally is, but tin hold upward paired amongst your favorite pasta sauce, as well as served equally an appetizer, or entrée. Rave reviews should come upward your way; along amongst lots of “But, why are these called gnocchi, again?”

For a peachy wintertime twist, y'all tin house about sage leaves inward betwixt the gnocchi earlier baking them, as well as they’d hold upward perfect at whatever vacation feast. In fact, similar a shot I’m upset I didn’t produce that this time. I’m going to convey to brand about other batch. Anyway, I actually produce promise y'all plough over these a endeavor soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for almost xvi Roman-Style Gnocchi:
Note: I used a 2.75-inch cutter
3 cups milk
1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
1 1/4 loving cup semolina
1 loving cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (only almost 1.25 ounces yesteryear weight, but if y'all grate it on a microplane, it volition easily cause total a cup)
2 large egg yolks
3 tablespoons mutual coldness unsalted butter, cutting into pocket-sized cubes
3 tablespoons melted butter for the top
more grated Parmigiano-Reggiano for the top
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close