Love To Bake Rhubarb Cream Cake - Rhubarb #1



I conduct keep been waiting for years that i twenty-four hr catamenia I volition conduct keep plenty for a week's posting. LOL.

Rhubarb is sooo expensive hither that but three pcs of human foot long stalks costs me around RM10.
I'm blessed to conduct keep an aunt who volition right away convey dorsum rhubarb for me from Australia, too she but planted some few months back, gleefully telling me she'll harvest them earlier flight dorsum each time, if in that place are. So close probably, I'll conduct keep to a greater extent than rhubarb recipes inwards my blog.




Now for this cake.... I watch myself failed.
This cake wasn’t supposed to await similar this, LOL.

The rhubarb too cream should conduct keep sunk! The sunken rhubarb too cream should cast a creamy custardy base of operations for the cake, but mine stayed on top. The original recipe called for a boxed cake recipe, but since I’m no fan of boxed cake or whatever cake mixes, I made upward my ain yellowish cake. Maybe my batter was also firm, that’s why it stayed seat too didn’t sink. Instead my pump sank when the rhubarb didn’t sink. Muahahaha.
Instead of turning soft too custardy, the baked browned cream gave the cake a cheese similar experience too my reader friend Jaymie, whom I shared this cake amongst idea therefore :-).

It also slightly caramelized the rhubarb too mmmmmm….
The ease is upward to yous to imagine…


Rhubarb Cream Cake
past times WendyinKK
Makes: ix inch foursquare cake or ii smaller cakes

Batter
150gm butter
100gm sugar
three egg yolks
ii eggs (grade B)
Zest of 1 lime
200gm all utilization flour (9.0% protein) + 1 tsp baking powder

Topping
250gm rhubarb, sliced into 5mm thick pieces
100gm carbohydrate (do non reduce)
200ml cream (35% fat)

1. Preheat oven at 160(fan)/180C too butter a ix inch baking dish (I made a 6X9 too a vi inch round)
2. Prepare batter. Cream butter too carbohydrate until calorie-free too fluffy. Beat inwards egg yolks until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl. Add inwards eggs i past times one, beating good afterwards each addition. Sift inwards one-half the flour + BP. Beat on depression speed until combined too scrape the bowl again. Sift inwards residual of flour +BP too mix until everything is combined.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan too flat the surface.
4. Sprinkle the rhubarb pieces over too and therefore sprinkle the sugar. Gently pour the cream all over the rhubarb.
5. Bake for 1h15m, or until done (smaller cakes takes a shorter time)



Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close