Love To Bake Tardily Makmur Cookies - Nutty Treats #2




I honey kuih makmur. Melty in addition to buttery on the outside, sugary peanutty on the inside! Heaven!

I was introduced to this cookie past times my ex colleague Hashita. Once bitten, never shy! I was crazily inwards honey alongside it in addition to was searching around for i that volition jibe Hashita's mom's. Sadly, none!
Most tasted rather firm, rather than melt inwards the mouth. Even though the bought cookies used ghee every bit well, but it's non genuinely that melty, compared to the ones Hashita gave me.

When I outset made these 10 years ago, I toasted the flour, fifty-fifty when nobody told me so. I don't yell upwards why I did that, but I think it's because of an advice I heard from an one-time friend that sunning the flour makes cakes lighter, in addition to thus I chose the toast instead of sunning, LOL. It's much quicker!
But in addition to then recent years afterward reading blogs, I exercise read some recipes calling for the flour 'disangai', that agency to endure toasted. ah-ha, thus that pace of mine was genuinely correct!





And why is mine...  homogenous? Where's the filling?

Errr... it's all inside.

During my outset attempt, it was thus difficult to form...that I got thus frustrated I threw everything inwards in addition to rolled into balls. To my surprise, the sense of savor was yet good, simply that at that spot won't endure a outburst of sugary nuts when you lot seize alongside teeth into it. But it saves a lot a lot of time! Actually kuih makmur should bring a sugary peanut center. And it was me beingness lazy, yes, me bad.

And so, if you lot are feeling diligent, wind each cookie, but if you lot desire to exercise things quick, testify this slow version.


Easy Makmur Cookies
Recipe by: WendyinKK

100gm toasted skinless peanuts
300gm cake flour
60gm castor sugar
150gm ghee
1 egg
150gm icing carbohydrate for coating

1. Spread flour onto baking tray in addition to bake inwards a preheated oven for five minutes at 160(fan)/180C. Let the flour cool down.
2. Mix peanuts alongside two Tbsp of the toasted cake flour. Grind until fine. (not likewise fine similar powder). Mix alongside the residual of the cake flour.
3. Mix ghee alongside sugar. Then add together inwards egg, mix until good combined.
4. Pour one-half the flour mixture into the ghee mixture. Mix until good combined. Pour the residual of the flour mixture in addition to mix to shape a dough.
5. Take some dough (about ½ Tbsp level) in addition to whorl them round. Place on a lined baking tray. Roll all the dough into footling balls of similar size.
6. Preheat oven to 160(fan)/180C. Bake each tray for fifteen minutes.
7. Roll the warm balls inwards icing carbohydrate in addition to house them into mini newspaper cups for slow handling.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close