Love To Bake Soy Sauce Soaked Chicken 白油鸡 - Chicken Trio # 2


Dish prepared inwards July 2011

I'm calling this chicken dish this agency to distinguish the usual soy sauce braised chicken that is oh-so common.

As approximately of yous may know, I come upward from Perak as well as inwards Perak, a lot of Cantonese damage are unlike from other parts of Malaysia. We telephone band lite soy sauce every bit 白油(bak yau) and nighttime soy sauce every bit 黑油(hak yau). I know it sounds funny to you, but it's the agency it's called here. I am proud to hold out a Perakian as well as I never alter the agency I telephone band it , fifty-fifty when I was staying inwards Klang Valley for 10 years. The soy sauce damage are simply two of the many that is different. I haven't fifty-fifty impact 角龟(kok gwai, kuih),青瓜(cheang gua, cucumber),荷兰水(hor acquire sui, carbonated drinks),荷兰属(hor lan shu, potatoes),Kopi 雪(shuit as well as non ping, iced coffee), five Gor Lui (5 sen), Yat Chien (10 sen), hence on as well as hence forth. Haven't heard of those, nevermind. The final two were monetary damage that I receive got no visit how to type inwards Chinese to arrive audio similar it is when spoken inwards Cantonese. But those of yous who receive got heard of these, I'm certain it tickles yous pink. Same goes to how it tickles us pinkish when nosotros listen Klang Valley folks talk.

My aunt, 大姑姐, first introduced me this dish, 白油鸡 when I was 15. She taught me how to ready it, as well as the ratio to acquire past times for the soaking sauce. And it was really piece of cake as well as nice. When I cooked this 1 time again for my friends, they all nicknamed it 咸湿鸡 (hamsap chicken, which meant horny chicken) , because it was wet, as well as soaked inwards soy sauce. I fifty-fifty cooked a whole chicken amongst this sauce for a cooking contest during my Girls' Brigade years, as well as everybody awed at my chicken, but then, the exclusively justice didn't similar the odor of star anise. Too bad lor! My squad mates loved it as well as that is to a greater extent than than enough!


Now, let's speak virtually the recipe. It uses a ratio of 1 utilisation saccharide to two parts soy sauce.  Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 lot? Yes. But it's similar that. And yous add together inwards aromatics similar star anise, shallot, jump onion as well as ginger. Make certain yous utilisation a non hence salty lite soy sauce. Get a skillful one. But I don't recommend Kikkoman for this. Use Chinese lite soy sauce instead. I used Knife construct this time. Lee Kum Kee volition move good too. But as well as hence my aunt volition recommend Angel construct from Bidor Kwong Heng. If yous desire to soak a whole chicken, I propose yous double upward the soaking sauce. It may non encompass the whole chicken piece it's inwards the pot. But after it is cooked, yous may desire to transfer the chicken to a bowl that fits the chicken snugly or a ziplock bag. Pour the sauce over as well as soak it for approximately other two hours earlier serving.



Soy Sauce Soaked Chicken
Recipe source: Wendyywy's Big Aunt

1 loving cup water
1/2 loving cup lite soy sauce
1/4 loving cup sugar
three stem of jump onion, white as well as lite light-green parts only.
two shallots, peeled as well as lightly smashed
1 star anise
few slices of ginger, (I used 25gm of peeled ginger, utilisation to a greater extent than to note downward the sugar)
six medium sized chicken drumsticks, weighing virtually 800gm.

1. Put lite water, soy sauce, sugar, jump onions, shallots, star anise as well as ginger into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, encompass as well as permit it simmer for five minutes.
2. Put inwards chicken pieces as well as choose to a boil. Lower estrus to a simmer, encompass as well as simmer for fifteen minutes or until chicken pieces are cooked. Make certain sauce is almost plenty to encompass chicken. You tin add together to a greater extent than H2O if yous want, as well as cut back it later. Remember to plough chicken 1 time a piece hence that every side of the chicken is bathing inwards the sauce. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 whole chicken may accept 40-60 minutes to tardily cook. High estrus volition construct the chicken rough.
3. Turn of the estrus as well as permit the chicken soak inwards the sauce for two hours earlier serving. Reduce sauce if likewise watery as well as light. Reheat if it's needed.

*Best done inwards the afternoon to hold out served for dinner*


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close