Love To Bake Apricot Sesame Cookies


When I was a teen, I’ve ever wanted to bake cookies amongst jam fillings. And they always, ever bubble in addition to overflow in addition to teach burnt fifty-fifty before the cookie is done. I never knew why in addition to ever accept been skeptical when it comes to baking amongst jam.

Then I made my start jam. Then I constitute that existent jam volition non bubble that much, because when I cooked it, the setting phase has already gotten past times all the bubbling in addition to bubbling. Most of our jams, peculiarly the to a greater extent than affordable ones are made amongst pectin in addition to flavouring, rather than existent fruit. They consist of real footling existent fruit, and the grooming procedure is unlike from existent fruit jam, which explains why it bubbles in addition to thus much. And when I came across the recipe, I know, amongst my homemade existent fruit jam, it volition operate perfectly.


If you lot all remembered, I bought a lot of saccharide apricots in addition to I besides commented that my jam made amongst saccharide apricot lacked tartness, which is normally constitute amongst apricots. Then for my ease of apricots(that I didn’t know what to practise amongst before in addition to afterward I baked the apricot yogurt cake, at that topographic point was nevertheless 1 punnet left), I threw inward the zest of 1 whole lemon in addition to juice from the lemon every bit well. It worked perfectly in addition to my saccharide apricot lastly had around tartness inward it, to offset the super sweetness of the fruit. The lemony apricot jam actually worked wonders amongst the season here.


Apricot Sesame Cookies Recipe
Source: Taste of Home

115gm butter
50gm caster sugar
170gm all usage flour
Sesame seeds for rolling (mine is real very fine)
Homemade Apricot jam for filling (or purchase the 1 that offers the highest fruit content)

1. Beat butter in addition to saccharide until calorie-free in addition to fluffy.
2. Sift flour in addition to mix until incorporated.
3. Form modest balls of dough most the size of a calamansi lime in addition to coil them circular in addition to coat the balls amongst sesame seed. Place on baking tray (I didn’t trouble or butter the tray)
4. Preheat oven to 180/200C
5. With a wooden spoon or the possess got of whatever other apparatus that seems suitable, brand an indentation inward the ball.
6. Fill indentations amongst around jam.
7. Bake inward preheated oven for 12 minutes or until lightly golden.
8. Cool on a wire rack. Keep inward air tight container.


Verdict: These are super yummy!! For a individual who loves whatever bakes amongst fruits (or perchance anything amongst apricots, LOL), I'm super sold past times this. I'd say, it depends on the jam. Maybe you lot tin usage homemade pineapple jam amongst this, as the cookie itself is soft in addition to fluffy. Or perchance only brand your ain apricot jam for this. There are apricots inward the supermarkets now, in addition to if they are super sweet, only throw in lots of lemon zest in addition to juice to add together around overnice tartness to it. With or without sesame? Personally, I uncovering the sesame seeds nix much on this cookie. Maybe they weren't toasted before hand. So, they weren't all that fragrant. It only makes it expect ameliorate amongst non much taste. The side past times side fourth dimension I brand this, I'll skip the sesame seeds. Save coin in addition to relieve time.

Maybe you'd ask, I don't desire to brand jam. Can I usage whatever jam off the shelf? The answer, is perchance not. It powerfulness bubble in addition to tumble in addition to teach burnt fifty-fifty before the cookies are done. But at that topographic point is onething called baking jam. I'm non certain most baking jam, though. I accept never used it before, but I've seen it at bakery provide shops. it specifically states "baking jam", in addition to thus it could live the type of jam you lot could substitute amongst if you lot don't accept dwelling made jam. Anyone tin help amongst this?

I am thinking of experimenting amongst a jam that uses dried apricots in addition to thus that readers from anywhere inward Malaysia tin brand some, but wait, give me three to a greater extent than months. I am trying to clear my pantry every bit I am going to deed end of February, in addition to this time, it's for sure!!! I don't tending in addition to I desire to move.


I am submitting this transportation service toAspiring Bakers #3: My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011)
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close