Love To Bake Lydia's Starting Fourth Dimension Quaternary Birthday Cake - Majestic Sweetness Murphy Chiffon- Birthday Calendar Week #1

 

My dearie Lydia turned four final calendar week on 28th. This twelvemonth she has grown a lot, luckily vertically. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 lot of her clothe can't stand upward for already. Turning from i of the shorter ones to i of the taller ones inward class.

As commons I brand her ii cakes. I can't allow the presense of infant Reuben to modify anything. I asked her, what cake she wants... Rainbow cake. ii weeks later, she asked for Flower Cake. But also bad, I already had something inward heed equally her showtime cake.


This year, her showtime cake... I genuinely planned on making something amongst the combination of Lychee, Raspberry as well as Rose, with a dacquoise. Sounds similar the Ispahan? Yeah, inspiration after eating Swee San's version. So off I went searching for raspberries. Usually i volition discovery it inward Jusco or Tesco. But for iii weeks consectutively, I saw none!!!!!

Mike asked me on the nighttime when I went for my final 36km drive peril to discovery raspberries, "Why y'all never brand whatsoever birthday cakes nowadays?"

"Huh? No birthday cakes?" Scratching my head.

"Yeah, birthday cakes amongst cream as well as non cakes that I can't differentiate from puddings or stuffed total amongst fruits."

What Mike meant yesteryear existent cakes are buttercream sponges as well as puddings are those cakes with gelatin laid fillings. He wants a "real cake", but I stuck amongst my consider of "ispahan"



To his luck, I constitute NO raspberries. But when I got home, I yet wanted to create something amongst the dacquoise I made earlier I went to Ipoh. Maybe brand a lychee mousse amongst it.
The side yesteryear side day, when I was supposed to start filling the dacquoise, I constitute my lychee juice inward tin to gustatory modality awfully 'undelicious', 'disdelicious' or whatever describing word that should live on used to clitoris it.
Then my dacquoise melted amongst the humidity. What to a greater extent than if I were to fill upward it? So I dumped the tin of lychee juice as well as dacquoise. I was left amongst NOTHING.

I had something inward the fridge, as well as that's imperial sugariness potatoes. Steamed as well as chilled because the girls won't swallow them, but instead chose all the white ones. I had to peril amongst this. Make a imperial sugariness Irish Gaelic patato chiffon, inspired yesteryear Anne's Ube chiffon cake.

Here's how it went.

1. I made upward the recipe, the accidently poured inward slightly to a greater extent than saccharide than I intended to. For both the yolk batter as well as meringue. My niece complained it was slightly also sweet. I agreed. My cake also deflated quite a fight because of I folded it also much. Deflated cakes do gustatory modality sweeter, because it's denser my, to a greater extent than saccharide inward that cm3. Why did I folded also much? Read on.

2. My yolk batter was purple, magentaish when prepared. But when I folded inward the whites, it turned bluish grey. I yet poured into my pan. But after thinking twice. What if the cake genuinely turned grayness after baking. Lydia won't desire a grayness cake for her birthday! Yikes! I poured the batter out i time to a greater extent than as well as folded inward a drib of violet colouring. That's why the batter became denser. I folded as well as folded as well as folded.



The remainder of the procedure went perfectly well.......

How I decorated it, amongst Swiss Meringue Buttercream. As I ever feel, cakes amongst no exceptional filling should ever larn for buttercream to add together about mouthfeel to the cake, as well as of course of education for ameliorate flavour. When Mike ate this cake, he said, "Now this is cake. I wonder when tin I convey something similar this again."

So, both of them got what they wanted. Lydia, a bloom cake, as well as it's inward purple, her fav color at the moment, as well as Mike got his 'real cake'. I didn't larn to brand what I wanted, but then, I will.. side yesteryear side time.

If you'd ask, what's that on the side of the cake? The cake looks similar it's wearing knits. Yeah, It was wearing a imperial sweater made of cashmere. LOL. No! It's made of grated imperial sugariness potato. Chilled ones, as well as they are theatre enough. Don't believe? See the painting exhibit to believe.





Compare both pictures below. Look at the sugariness Irish Gaelic patato gratings. The showtime pic, they looked plump. Overnight int he fridge, the await shrunk. They were dried out yesteryear the fridge. But they yet were fine.


How it looked similar inside? My cake was disfigured when the remaining was transported yesteryear home. Don't know why the box caved in. Mike said, the kids didn't footstep on it. But sigh, only no consider why.
The cake was duller than when I frosted it at room temperature. So, I jurist same goes similar what happened to my purple sugariness Irish Gaelic patato mantous, they looked brilliant correct out the steamer, as well as color returns brilliant when steamed again. But I can't reheat this cake. The frosting volition melt. Yucks!



Purple sugariness Irish Gaelic patato chiffon
Recipe source: Wendyywy
 
Yolk batter
125gm steamed imperial potato
100gm all role flour
40gm sugar*
50gm oil
75gm water
50gm kokosnoot cream powder
v egg yolks
Little fight of violet nutrient colouring (optional)

Meringue
v egg whites
90gm sugar*
Pinch of salt

1. Grate imperial sugariness potato, mix amongst flour as well as manufacturing flora till fine
2. Mix crude as well as yolks together. Then add together inward sugar, water, violet color as well as kokosnoot cream powder. Mix till good combined. Add inward milled sugariness Irish Gaelic patato as well as combine to a polish paste.
3. Preheat oven at 160(fan)/180C. Prepare a 25cm subway scheme pan or a 8/9 inch boundary shape pan. Do non grease.
4. In about other build clean bowl, shell egg whites as well as common salt until soft peaks. Add inward saccharide gradually as well as shell until stiff.
5. Spoon 1/3 of egg whites into yolk batter as well as crease until good combined.
6. Pour the batter dorsum into the meringue as well as crease till good combined.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan. Shake it left as well as correct to level.
8. Bake for forty minutes or until done.
9. Invert cake directly after baked as well as withdraw from mould when cake has totally cooled
*sugar amount inward recipe already reduced compared to my cake 


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close