Love To Bake Buddha's Manus Syrup 佛手柑茶酱


Buddha's hand 佛手柑 is a type of citrus that has no flesh. It exclusively has pith together with rind. I bought this at Ipoh's Jusco out of curiosity, hoping that I tin build closed to dessert out of it.

When I got home, I inaugural of all googling around, closed to made souffle, closed to made creme brulee, closed to sliced it for salad, closed to made marmalade amongst it.
I read virtually it proverb that the pith is non bitter different other citruses, which is why it's sliced for salads together with that the rind is super fragrant.
Unfortunately, mine is non super fragrant, but but therefore so only.
So I scraped the idea of baking conduct amongst it.

Then I decided to endeavor cooking the pith together with rind, seeing what form of gustatory modality I volition larn amongst this ugly fruit, that looks to a greater extent than similar monsters fingers to me...



Here's my experiment..... trying to build something similar those Korean Citron syrups that you lot tin become far jars.

Because this funny citrus is rather light, I but measured everything amongst volume, because I was using a trammel scale at this time, together with calorie-free materials is difficult to endure precise amongst trammel scales. Anyway, no involve to endure likewise on the dot.

I added inwards common salt the final minute, because I institute the syrup to endure on the bitter side (Now, who said buddha's mitt is non bitter?? Come together with utter to me!!!!), closed to korean citron syrups are bitter too, but non all brands are. So, to counter that bitterness, I added inwards closed to salt. I therefore kept the syrup for two weeks earlier consuming, together with truly, all the bitterness is gone.


Buddha's Hand Syrup
Recipe rootage : Wendyywy

1/2 loving cup packed tight buddha's hand, cutting into matchstick sizes
1/2 loving cup sugar
1 loving cup water
1/4 tsp salt

1. Put H2O together with buddha's mitt into a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Lower rut to a simmer together with boil until the buddha's mitt seems wilted.
3. Put inwards common salt together with saccharide together with gear upward until the buddha's mitt plough transparent.
4. Put the cooked syrup mixture into a build clean jolt together with seal for two weeks earlier consuming.



To serve,
Put a tablespoon of the syrup together with pour inwards hot water. Let it steep for a spell earlier drinking.


Verdict:
I discovery that the saccharide together with H2O content tin endure doubled to larn to a greater extent than syrup, because I could steep the buddha's mitt syrup few times, together with I even therefore larn fragrance inwards the infusion. The sweetness may endure gone amongst the extra infusions, but the fragrance.. gosh, you lot should endeavor closed to of it.

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close