Love To Bake Castella Cake / Kasutera


This is i heck of a cake!! Not an slow feat!!!

How to state how difficult... hmmm. Ever tried making a sponge that won't deflate no thing how u musical rhythm out inwards the flour??? Yes, beat. I didn't fold.

Many many months back, when I was all the same learning to brand sponge cakes, I musical rhythm out inwards the flour amongst my mixer. The upshot was a denser sponge, but it was all the same crumbly, merely that I had a really brusque sponge. Maybe I should produce that inwards corporation to accomplish that apartment fine crumb.

From what u encounter inwards this video, the batter was non handled lightly... u request muscles in addition to bicep ability all the agency to the end. Beat Beat Beat!!!!! Do the MJ thing, musical rhythm out it.

Ju's blog.No fluffiness is welcomed. (see moving painting on left, it's then fluffy!!!!)The original recipe called for 8 eggs, in addition to it's supposed to check into a 8 inch foursquare pan, summation roughly cupcakes. Here, I've halved the recipe, but from the looks of my batter, mine tin john check a 8 inch pan!!! U encounter how fluffy mine is?? Darn!!! And it won't deflate. So, I cash inwards one's chips on to musical rhythm out in addition to musical rhythm out amongst my whisk so that it'll acquire downwards a bit, it did, a bit. So, immediately I pose it into my 6.75 inch foursquare pan. It's 80% full. I banged it few times, hoping it volition deflate more. I idea the cake won't rising that much cos I didn't usage whatever leavening. Boy was I wrong!!! So wrong!!!  I saw here that Ju used aluminium foil to tent her cake then that the transcend won't dismiss (stuff amongst dearest browns much quicker, in addition to my oven is non merciful when it comes to browning cake tops), then I tented it for the starting fourth dimension xl infinitesimal in addition to left it uncovered for the finally fifteen minutes to brown. U know what??? Since my pan was then full, the cake rose in addition to got stuck to the foil. When I tried to withdraw it, I did the cruelest thing e'er to a cake, mar it's face. It looks then disfigured. I merely went on to brownish it.. in addition to whew it looked merely nice. I happily took it out. Quickly peeled off the side wrappers then that the cake volition deflate(a niggling chip only). Sides await cooked, and really fluffy, but the centre felt wobbly. I stuck a molar alternative in, oh-no... uncooked. I pose the whole cake dorsum into my oven onto the microwave plate, hitting "combination 4" to convey it cooked throught using microwave+convection functions. I did it for 3 minutes in addition to finally, all done!!! Cooked thoroughly!!!


The finally await of the cake. I peeled off the sides before before microwaving cos I was eager to gustation it, in addition to that was the alone component subdivision cooked before on. I intend w/o tenting it, it would've cooked past times the destination of the baking.






 
Here is what I did,

4 large eggs
150gm regular granulated saccharide (gula pasir kasar)
100gm breadstuff flour (yes, breadstuff flour. But I intend I'll alter to pau flour(not Hong Kong Flour) next time. Pau flour has the gluten marker of all purpose, but it has a finer texture)
50ml milk
ii Tbsp honey, roughly extra for glazing the top, if u want to.

1. Warm milk in addition to dearest inwards microwave. Stir in addition to brand certain dearest dissolves.
2. Sift flour twice.
3. Preheat oven at 150C. Line a seven inch pan amongst 1 unmarried slice of paper, folded at corners, amongst sides made higher
4. Beat eggs in addition to saccharide over hot H2O on high speed for the starting fourth dimension iii minutes in addition to lowest speed for the side past times side 12. (if u're using a stand upwards mixer, u mightiness non produce it every bit long every bit I did. )
5. Use a mitt whisk, whisk inwards the dearest mixture until good combined.
6. Whisk inwards sifted flour until no lumps of flour are seen.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan in addition to bake for 40mins. (Yes, fifty-fifty amongst a one-half portion, u convey to bake at close total time. I got to know this thru Shirley)
8. When cake is done, withdraw from pan in addition to tear away the side liners. Cool cake thoroughly in addition to maintain cake air tight inwards a tupperware overnight, before cutting, then that cake volition endure moist.

U know what this cake gustation like???? It's like... Ji Dan Gao (鸡蛋糕). Except, it has a slight dearest season in addition to to a greater extent than bounce due to the breadstuff flour. Quite overnice actually. I volition endeavour this cake again, amongst pau flour in addition to beating amongst the mixer all the way.


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close