Love To Bake White Chocolate Mousse Alongside Strawberry Compote




I almost screwed upwards this dessert. Lindt chocolates are non cheap. One bar terms me two lunches. 

I read the instructions a few times merely to teach the experience of the recipe..but I seemed to focus on the before purpose together with didn’t seem to discovery the final part. And so.. I melted the chocolate alongside all the whipping cream, leaving none to musical rhythm out later. (I blame it on the recipe, they didn’t split upwards the cream total inwards the listing of ingredients . Hahahaha!!!!) It’s non that I can’t opened upwards up to a greater extent than or less other pack of cream, but together with hence the ratio volition non live on right together with the mousse volition non laid if the content of chocolate is non enough, I don’t desire to add together gelatin, I desire to create a existent mousse.


When I realized my mistake, it was already likewise late. I’ve melted the chocolate together with it’s fourth dimension for the egg yolk. So, well, I set inwards the egg yolk together with dump the whole affair into the freezer for xxx minutes. Then I whipped it on high until it looked similar whipped cream again. Yeah, it’ll teach fluffy, merely similar ganache, it is ganache!!! Hahaha. Luckily I notwithstanding got it fluffy, merely that the procedure guild was all out of guild now. Lastly I folded inwards the egg whites together with phew!!! I notwithstanding got my mousse.

This recipe uses raw eggs. And mine don’t hold off white because I used Omega Eggs that conduct keep real orangish yolks. Well, Lindt white chocolate isn’t real white equally good  It’s a real very soft mousse, because it didn’t utilization whatever gelatin. And Lindt white chocolates aren’t real difficult dissimilar those shortening laden hence called white chocolates. You powerfulness teach a firmer mousse if you lot utilization baking white chocolate together with non eating white chocolate.



White Chocolate Mousse alongside Strawberry Compote
(Serves-3-4)
50ml whipping cream
100gm lineament white chocolate, broken to smaller pieces
½ tsp vanilla extract
two egg yolks
two egg whites
Pinch of cream of tartar (I added this because I’m worried close the egg whites watering downwards later)
100ml whipping cream

Strawberry compote
150gm strawberries
½ Tbsp brownish sugar
1 Tbsp brandy (optional)

The Real Method:
1. Put 50ml of whipping cream, vanilla together with white chocolate into a heatproof bowl. Double boil until chocolate melts. Stirring it every in i trial inwards a piece when it is melting.
2. Let chocolate cool downwards for two minutes, together with hence add together inwards egg yolk together with mix well. Let it cool downwards totally.
3. In a construct clean bowl, musical rhythm out egg white together with cream of tartar until stiff. Gently flexure egg whites into chocolate mixture alongside a whisk.
4. In to a greater extent than or less other bowl, whisk 100ml whipping cream until soft peaks. Fold into (3).
5. Spoon into four serving cups, encompass together with chill for a minimum of iii hours or until fourth dimension of serve.
6. While mousse is chilling, gear upwards strawberry compote. Combine strawberries, saccharide together with brandy inwards a small-scale saucepan. On depression oestrus gear upwards strawberries until it starts to bleed. Remove compote from pan, set into a covered container together with chill until fourth dimension to serve.
7. Spoon strawberry compote on top of mousse before serving.

Recipe adapted from: The Golden Book Of Desserts. Page One Publisher.


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close