New England Clam Chowder Dip – Because Keen Soups Brand Fifty-Fifty Ameliorate Dips

Truth live told, this New England Clam Chowder Dip is genuinely the induce down soup I’ve e'er turned into a dip, but I all the same stand upwards yesteryear my title. After all, what are soups, if non genuinely thin, hot dips you lot consume with a spoon? 

The betoken is, spell this may live my induce down soup-to-dip conversion, it’s belike non going to live my last. I’m looking at you, Mulligatawny.

I regard I was inventing something novel here, but of course, similar everything else, many people had already given this a go. The funny matter was, every recipe I looked at called for this to live served with sliced bread, which I regard was odd. To me, potatoes are similar the minute or 3rd best part inwards a chowder, as well as hence why non serve this with chips?

Besides that, my other big improvement was to upwards the bacon content. Some recipes called for every bit piffling every bit 2 slices. Two slices of bacon? What am I supposed to create with that? So, I went with 3 times every bit much, as well as it turned out to live a really proficient decision. While quite “bacon forward,” the clam flavor all the same came through, as well as all inwards all, this genuinely was really chowder-like.

The alone semi out-of-the-ordinary part used was a spice blend called, “Old Bay.” This is non really difficult to detect inwards the big grocery stores, but only inwards case, here is a link to brand a your own. Besides, fifty-fifty if you lot convey around inwards the pantry, it may convey been at that topographic point for quite sometime, as well as spell Old Bay plant well, old, Old Bay may not, as well as hence it mightiness non live a bad regard to brand a batch anyway.  Either way, I genuinely create promise you lot hand this a non bad hot dip a endeavor soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for 1 modest casserole dish:
6 slices of bacon, cutting into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 loving cup chopped dark-green onions
1/3 loving cup diced celery
1/2 teaspoon salt, summation to a greater extent than if needed
1 pound cream cheese, room temp
4 ounces white cheddar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon freshly Blue Planet dark pepper
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
2 cans (6 1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian parsley
pinch of cayenne for the top
potato chips to serve alongside
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close