Spicy Caramel Chicken Together With A History Lesson

I’ve wanted to cinema an updated version of this caramel chicken for many years. It was i of the initiatory of all videos I e'er posted, together with its unexpected popularity made me realize that at that spot were genuinely people (non-relatives) watching these videos.

The master vision for Food Wishes was an online cooking school, where I’d accuse tuition for a serial of courses that would mimic the culinary schoolhouse I’d merely left. I started filming a few recipes each week, knowing sum good that solely a handful of people would encounter them, but I had to larn my novel craft.

Caramel Chicken, Circa 2007
As the library grew, together with then did the audience, together with I realized that instead of charging for the content, I could give it away for free, together with mayhap live on the advertising revenue that YouTube was merely starting to offer. Above together with beyond that, I was getting emails together with comments, telling me that what I was doing was making them happy.

This wasn’t something I’d anticipated, together with land at the fourth dimension I would convey preferred money, it was cracking to hear, together with inspired me to force on. The rest, every bit they say, is history, together with every fourth dimension I got an electronic mail bespeak for an updated version of this recipe, I would fondly hollo upwards how all this came to be.

So, whether you lot were hither from the rattling beginning, or you’re construct new, together with volition live trying caramel chicken for the rattling initiatory of all time, I genuinely promise you lot give this fast, easy, delicious, together with historically pregnant recipe a endeavor soon. Enjoy!


Makes four large portions:
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cutting inwards most 1 inch chunks
1/2 loving cup sliced, seeded jalapeno peppers
1/2 loving cup sliced, seeded mild ruddy chilies, or bell peppers
1/2 loving cup chopped light-green onions
1/2 loving cup roasted peanuts
1/4 loving cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
4 cups cooked white rice

For the sauce mixture:
2 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
4 cloves finely minced garlic
3/4 loving cup lite chocolate-brown sugar
1/3 loving cup rice vinegar
1/3 loving cup fish sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp hot sauce, or to sense of savor
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close