Dirty, Muddy Rice – Filthy Delicious

Believe it or not, the firstly house I ever had dingy rice was Popeye’s fried chicken. They were out of the carmine beans in addition to rice. I’ve never been a huge fan of liver, peculiarly inward my younger days, but I figured, what the heck, let’s hand this materials a try. Much to my surprise I actually enjoyed it, in addition to I’ve been a fan ever since.

In fact, non exclusively did I come upward to dear dingy rice, but I started to crave it amongst fifty-fifty to a greater extent than “dirt,” past times which I hateful to a greater extent than liver, pork, in addition to aromatic vegetables; in addition to hence that’s how this redundantly named dish came to be. Beyond using to a greater extent than of everything, except rice, I likewise changed the traditional method, which calls for the rice to survive cooked first, in addition to hence “soiled.” Here, we’re adding all the “filth” at the beginning, in addition to cooking it into the rice.

This method did create a to a greater extent than flavorful product, but likewise a slightly stickier one. When yous ready rice inward a thick sludge similar this, verses only H2O or broth, it volition ever come upward out a chip starchier, which may bother for sure dingy rice aficionados, but I similar this texture fifty-fifty better. So to recap, this is dirtier, stickier, in addition to tastier, which is why I actually attain promise yous hand it a attempt soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for half dozen portions:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 ounces pork shoulder, diced or roughly chopped
1 xanthous onion, diced
1/2 loving cup diced celery
1/2 loving cup diced dark-green peppers, or jalapeno
6 ounces cubed spicy smoked pork sausage, similar andouille
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons freshly terra firma dark pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic pulverisation (or only about fresh)
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
8 ounces finely minced raw chicken livers
2 cups long grain rice
2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to sense of savor
4 cups broth
1/4 loving cup sliced dark-green onions
1/4 chopped Italian parsley
-->
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close