New Steamed Barbecue Pork Buns (Char Siu Bao) – Sweet, Steamy Memories

In younger, leaner times, I’d oft rely on the delicious, cheap calorie bomb that is the steamed barbecue pork bun. They were twice the size, in addition to for a few bucks you lot could become real full…for nearly xxx minutes, in addition to and thus you lot were starving again. Nothing a Mission-style burrito couldn’t fix.

Anyway, the filling was chopped Chinese-style barbecue pork mixed alongside roughly variety of mysterious, gelatinous ruby sauce, which was significantly sweeter than what I’m doing here. 

That’s in all probability why they don’t seem to come upwards out quite the same equally I remember. I in all probability ask a lot to a greater extent than sugar, too equally copious amounts of MSG. Having said that, I was pretty pleased alongside my insides, but equally commons I encourage you lot to freestyle. 

Here’s a link to a fairly classic pork bun filling recipe, inward representative you lot desire something slightly to a greater extent than authentic, in addition to since it looks simply similar the materials I mentioned above, I mightiness grade it a seek side yesteryear side time. But, regardless what you lot fill upwards yours with, I actually produce promise you lot grade these a seek soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for 12 Steamed Barbecue Pork Buns (Char Siu Bao):
For the dough:
3/4 cups warm H2O
1 1/2 teaspoons dry out active yeast
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
2 cups *self-rising flour
For the filling (this made to a greater extent than than I needed):
2 cups chopped Chinese-style barbecue pork, or other barbecued pork product
1/4 loving cup finely sliced light-green onions
2 teaspoons sesame fossil oil
1/4 loving cup hoisin sauce, or equally needed
salt (soy sauce) in addition to cayenne to gustatory modality
2 teaspoons white sugar, optional

*If you lot don't convey self-rising flour, you lot tin utilization two cups all-purpose flour sifted alongside iii teaspoons baking pulverization in addition to 1 teaspoon fine tabular array salt.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close