New Eggplant “Bacon” – Because Faux Bacon Is Amend Than Existent Eggplant

I dearest that my wife, Michele, follows Questlove on social media, but non simply because it makes me experience cooler yesteryear extension, which it does, but equally good because he’s a huge foodie, as well as this enticing eggplant “bacon” came from his Instagram.

Links were followed, as well as I discovered the recipe was from Minimalist Baker, as well as although I did tweak the technique as well as component amounts a bit, the recipe is basically thieved from this gorgeous weblog post. Thank you, Dana! By the way, there they were brushed, but I decided to dip. Because my slices may guide maintain been wetter, they did guide maintain agency longer to cook.

Personal gustation beingness what it is, you’ll guide maintain to experiment alongside non solely your sweet-salty-smoky component ratios, but equally good alongside how thick yous cutting your eggplant, equally good equally how long yous educate it. I went for sparse as well as crispy, but it was closer to a bbq murphy chip inwards taste/texture than bacon. I may field it thicker side yesteryear side time, as well as run across if I tin ship away larn simply about chewy bits, woven through the crispy bits.

These would brand for simply about tasty vegetable chips, but were specially enjoyable inwards a BLT, which I inexplicably didn’t photo. I blame depression blood sugar. Regardless of how yous savor them, I actually practise promise yous laissez passer this eggplant “bacon” a assay soon. Enjoy!


Makes plenty “bacon brine” for two medium-sized eggplants:
2 tablespoons maple syrup
4 tablespoons tamari, or soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 to one teaspoon liquid smoke, depending on strength
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon freshly soil dark pepper, a petty coarser than usual
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 eggplants, sliced to nigh 1/8th inch

The master copy recipe calls for a 225 F. oven, but I would in all probability commencement this similar I finished it, as well as that’s inwards a 250 F. oven. I’d innovation on at to the lowest degree an lx minutes baking time, but that volition depend on thickness, pans, etc. Simply educate until they are how yous want.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close