New Spicy Caramel Chicken In Addition To A History Lesson

I’ve wanted to celluloid an updated version of this caramel chicken for many years. It was 1 of the inaugural off videos I e'er posted, in addition to its unexpected popularity made me realize that in that place were truly people (non-relatives) watching these videos.

The master vision for Food Wishes was an online cooking school, where I’d accuse tuition for a serial of courses that would mimic the culinary schoolhouse I’d but left. I started filming a few recipes each week, knowing sum good that entirely a handful of people would run across them, but I had to larn my novel craft.

Caramel Chicken, Circa 2007
As the library grew, in addition to hence did the audience, in addition to I realized that instead of charging for the content, I could give it away for free, in addition to possibly live on on the cite revenue that YouTube was but starting to offer. Above in addition to beyond that, I was getting emails in addition to comments, telling me that what I was doing was making them happy.

This wasn’t something I’d anticipated, in addition to piece at the fourth dimension I would convey preferred money, it was corking to hear, in addition to inspired me to force on. The rest, every bit they say, is history, in addition to every fourth dimension I got an electronic mail hollo for for an updated version of this recipe, I would fondly retrieve how all this came to be.

So, whether you lot were hither from the rattling beginning, or you’re build new, in addition to volition live trying caramel chicken for the rattling inaugural off time, I truly promise you lot give this fast, easy, delicious, in addition to historically meaning recipe a endeavour soon. Enjoy!


Makes four large portions:
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cutting inwards close 1 inch chunks
1/2 loving cup sliced, seeded jalapeno peppers
1/2 loving cup sliced, seeded mild ruby chilies, or bell peppers
1/2 loving cup chopped light-green onions
1/2 loving cup roasted peanuts
1/4 loving cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
4 cups cooked white rice

For the sauce mixture:
2 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
4 cloves finely minced garlic
3/4 loving cup calorie-free dark-brown sugar
1/3 loving cup rice vinegar
1/3 loving cup fish sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp hot sauce, or to gustatory modality
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close