Love To Bake Caesar Salad, Wendyywy's Manner - Salad Calendar Week # 1

Salad made inwards August 2011

Pei Sze, this calendar week is for you! Congratulations alongside the novel move! Happy salad making.

Caesar Salad, non Julius's I think. This is my twist on this classical salad.

What should live inwards a Caesar Salad?
Basically, romaine lettuce, croutons, olive oil, egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, garlic, parmesan cheese, tabular array salt together with dark pepper.

I accept bastardized it past times replacing the oil+yolk+vinegar+lemon juice alongside mayonnaise, of which those ingredients are used to brand mayonnaise. I simply used the halt production instead, LOL!
I too skipped the garlic (I shouldn't have, mayhap adjacent fourth dimension I should add). Some versions telephone telephone for mustard together with I used wasabi. Some places too serve this alongside poached egg, but I went for difficult boiled.

Why wasabi??? Last time, I don't ain a bottle of mustard (now I do), together with I practice non desire to purchase a large bottle of mustard simply to brand this salad. So, I bought wasabi, sold inwards lilliputian sachets or modest tubs at the sushi counter at a fraction of the cost. To me, the pungency is similar. Usually I don't eat wasabi, fifty-fifty when I eat sushi or sashimi, I abhor the pungency that hits my olfactory organ together with brain. But it's ok inwards this salad. And it feels somehow awkward without it (according to me). I've made this many many times, together with each time, everybody enjoys it. It's a thing of personal preference if y'all honour this version to live hence unauthentic, of which is a fact.

If y'all don't accept access to the type of romaine inwards the picture, simply role babe romaine that is hence easily available at moisture markets nowadays, unopen to telephone telephone it 珍珠麦菜 or 香麦菜. Which is the proper name? I'm non sure. But simply expect at the moving-picture present below together with larn the babe version of it.


If y'all accept missed out my post service on how to brand croutons, it's here


Wendy’s Caesar Salad
Recipe Source: Wendyywy

250gm romaine lettuce (1 large head, organic)
two hardboiled eggs
1 loving cup croutons
1 Tbsp grated parmesan (mine is powdered, hence role to a greater extent than if yours is freshly grated)

Dressing
two Tbsp mayonnaise
½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Small pinch salt
Wasabi (as much equally u like)
Black pepper

1. Wash together with drain lettuce well. Shake off excess water. Tear into modest pieces.
2. Combine ingredients for dressing together with taste, arrange if needed.
3. Put lettuce into a large bowl. pour dressing on together with toss to coat each acre of lettuce thinly alongside the dressing.
4. Put dressed lettuce into serving dish, overstep alongside croutons, slices of difficult boiled eggs together with lastly sprinkle cheese over (I forgot the cheese when I made it this time, but unremarkably I practice put).
5. Serve immediately.
The Dressing




Preparing the salad



Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close