Colcannon Hash – One Invented This, Equally Did Others Earlier Me

Every twelvemonth nigh this time, I endeavor to produce around sort of culinary nod to St. Patrick’s Day, in addition to this colcannon hash is the latest example. I genuinely loved how this came out, in addition to it made a beautiful, in addition to delicious base of operations for poached eggs, but at that topographic point was 1 problem. Apparently, I didn’t invent this.

I sentiment I did, equally I produce amongst almost all the novel recipes I create, but I figured I’d produce a search anyway, only to confirm this supposition of singular brilliance. So I did, in addition to it rapidly became apparent that many others had the real same idea. Good for them.

I realize St. Patrick’s Day brunch isn’t genuinely a thing, but if it were, this would survive perfect. Although, nosotros powerfulness bring around leftover corned beef the twenty-four sixty minutes current after, which would brand this fifty-fifty to a greater extent than amazing; in addition to therefore mayhap nosotros should forget St. Paddy’s Day breakfast, in addition to plough this into a hearty, day-after hangover cure instead. Either way, I genuinely produce promise you lot give this a endeavor soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for ii large portions:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 ounces pancetta or bacon, diced
2 large russet potatoes, diced, rinsed, in addition to well-drained
1 tsp salt, summation to a greater extent than to taste
freshly reason dark pepper to taste
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 loving cup sliced light-green onions (mostly the white in addition to lighter light-green parts)
2 large handfuls babe kale, roughly chopped
1/4 loving cup freshly grated abrupt Irish Gaelic cheddar cheese (or whatever abrupt cheddar)
pinch of cayenne
2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian parsley 
2 or 4 poached eggs, optional (actually, non optional)

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close