Love To Bake Ayam Pelalah @ Balinese Shredded Chicken - Aff Indonesia #1



I convey been to Bali once, in addition to that's for my honeymoon inward 2005
Republic of Indonesia is the exclusively province that I convey ever traveled to, likewise Singapore.

I love the friendliness of the people inward Bali in addition to almost of all, I love the local cuisine.
There's a whiff of similarities equally there's chilli, lemongrass, shrimp paste, galangal, shallots in addition to garlic inward the things that I eat..but, in that place is ever this unlike odor inward all their sambals. I couldn't figure out what was that especial unfamiliar smell, until I got to know it's the lesser galangal, known equally kencur inward Indonesia, cekur inward Malaysia in addition to 沙姜 inward Chinese. It is a type of ginger that nosotros normally utilisation for confinement purposes because of it's wellness properties.





I genuinely tried making bebek betutu once, but I couldn't quite teach it right, similar the agency I ate it Kunyit Bali restaurant. So, inward the end, I ameliorate stick to easier dishes, hahaha! The itch to essay making babi guling is peel deep.. gosh!!! But I only can't detect the fourth dimension for it. The dishes featured this calendar week were prepared months ago, when I had to a greater extent than time.

Back to this chicken, I never had it inward Bali before, but it does await delicious! So I decided to essay cooking it. Personally I mean value the sum of sambal tin plow over the axe clothing upward to 500gm of chicken. So, in all likelihood yous powerfulness desire to cut back the sambal dressing, or growth the chicken. Because this dish goes really very good alongside rice, my hubby in addition to I can't complete this dish in addition to I used the leftovers to nestling rice the side yesteryear side day.



Ayam Pelalah
Source: recipe-balinese-mix-rice" target="_blank">V-recipes
With unopen to reference to recipe-balinese-mix-rice" target="_blank">Cooking Tackle 

300gm chicken pectus (estimate to a greater extent than if yous convey the os on)
two clove of garlic, finely minced
¾ tsp salt

two kaffir lime leaf,torn
two Indonesian Bay leafage , torn (daun salam)
1 tsp saccharide or more
Salt to gustation (I added unopen to other 3/4tsp)
two Tbsp lime juice or to taste

Grind to a paste (cleaned weight)
100gm shallots
30gm garlic
10gm galangal
10gm turmeric
10gm lesser galangal (cekur@kencur)
50gm carmine chilli + unopen to birds oculus chilli if yous like
5gm shrimp glue (use to a greater extent than of your shrimp glue is lighter inward colour)
four candle nuts


1. Marinate chicken alongside garlic in addition to common salt for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile grind the spice paste, starting alongside the candlenuts, galangal, turmeric in addition to lesser galangal. When these four ingredients are all ground, therefore exclusively add together the residue of the softer ingredients. Grind it to a fine paste.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C in addition to bake the chicken for 20-30 mins until the surface looks a fleck golden. Let it cool down. Coarsely shred it when it cooled down.
4. Put inward 1/4 loving cup of stone oil into the wok in addition to sauté the spice glue until it starts to unloose stone oil (pecah minyak). Add inward common salt in addition to saccharide plow over it a gustation in addition to conform accordingly. It should endure slightly oversalted.
5. Put inward torn kaffir lime leafage in addition to Indonesian bay leafage in addition to therefore laid until they wilt. Add inward shredded chicken in addition to lime juice, in addition to laid it for a brusque spell until it looks dry out plenty according to your preference.

Actual sum of ingredients.
My chilli is really long, so, if your chillis are the regular ones, utilisation equally per the weight inward the recipe.



hosted yesteryear recipe-balinese-mix-rice" target="_blank">Alice of I Love. I Cook. I Bake.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close