Love To Bake Bo La Lot, Vietnamese Beef Rolls Amongst Wild Betel Foliage - Indochina Aff Bò # 1




For this month's Asian Food Fest, it's the calendar month of Vietnamese, Laotian in addition to Cambodian food, grouped nether Indochina. For to a greater extent than information, hop over to Kelly's blog, this month's host.

Bò lá lốt is a pop Vietnamese dish that is non served inwards the Vietnamese restaurants hither inwards Malaysia.
It's 1 of the dishes inwards "7 class of beef", served unremarkably during weddings.

In about countries where wild betel is non available, grape leaves are used to roll these, but it may non receive got the same fragrance.
In Malaysia, wild betel is abundant in addition to is used inwards the local cuisine in addition to is locally known every bit daun kaduk.




And when I saw this dish, I knew I receive got to endeavour in addition to brand it, if non I volition never know how it taste, every bit it is non flora inwards the Vietnamese restaurants that I dine in. I receive got the leaves inwards my garden, in addition to it's merely perfect!

At kickoff I was a flake confused every bit about recipes called for curry powder. I wasn't rattling certain virtually it in addition to and thence I asked my Facebook friends of Vietnamese origin. All told me that in that location isn't whatsoever curry pulverization whether it is north, southward or fundamental Vietnam, in addition to they asked me to lay inwards five spice powder.


I was worried my married adult man won't consume it, every bit he doesn't consume vegetables amongst 'smell'. Luckily the olfactory belongings wasn't strong, but when it cooled down, it became stronger, but withal acceptable to him. When my beef rolls were hot, they tasted absolutely delicious, but turned dry out when they cooled down. I blame it on the thin beef. Which is why about recipes telephone telephone for additional pork fat. Hmm.. I produce believe that volition instruct inwards much better, hahaha!


Bò lá lốt
yesteryear WendyinKK

250gm minced beef
1/3 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp five spice powder
1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
ii heaped Tbsp sliced saltation onions
1 Tbsp finely minced lemongrass
1 tsp finely minced garlic
15-20 pcs of wild betel/daun kaduk

1. Wash the wild betel leaves, milkshake the excess H2O off in addition to lay them out on a wire grid, lay them nether the fan every bit yous marinate the filling.
2. Mix the minced beef amongst all the other ingredients in addition to mix it until good combined.
3. Place shiny side of instruct out down, amongst the pointy tip facing you. Put about filling onto it in addition to whorl up.
4. Use a toothpick in addition to prick a pocket-sized hole. Insert the stalk into it. Repeat until all filling is used up.
5. Brush each whorl amongst crude in addition to grill them until done. Or yous tin sack create these rolls on a hot pan. (place the seam side downwardly when yous create amongst your preferred way)

To receive got a improve agreement on how to roll, scout Helen's video




I tried wrapping them amongst the folded sides method, because about of the leaves were rather big

I am submitting this to Asian Food Fest Indochina Month
hosted yesteryear Kelly of Kelly Siew Cooks
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close