Love To Bake Kampar Jau Yun @ Fried Fish Dough Balls 金宝炸丸 - Perak Mff #4


Fishball Noodles, Kampar style, has spread it wings out of town to Klang Valley  in recent years due to the 'migration' of Mdm Sau Ying. I've seen her inwards someone at her stall at Ming Tien, Taman Megah. My household unit of measurement knew her  because our household unit of measurement concern was really close to hers dorsum inwards Kampar. She didn't recognise me, but exclusively my brothers. Yikes, haha! Back when Mdm Sau Ying was nevertheless inwards Kampar, her noodle stall was infront of the Kampar town basketball game court, i of the pop breakfast choices inwards town.

Those of you lot who ate it earlier volition uncovering the soup together with the "liu" a chip unlike from others. Liu is the materials that comes amongst the noodles. Kampar fishball noodles comes amongst delicious fishballs, Foo Pei (Stuffed beancurd peel amongst fish paste), Pork Balls (with some bits of cuttlefish) together with the weird fried dough called "Jau Yun". But i is ever gratis to dictate which i you lot desire to a greater extent than or less or only that i thing.



Noodle stalls inwards Kampar, to a greater extent than oft than non makes their ain "liu". Stalls that uses mill made liu  may nevertheless rest inwards concern if they are lucky, but rarely gets popular. Jau Yun is i of those liu  that i can't locomote out of Kampar, although you lot tin laissez passer the axe larn the other liu  in other places, but non Jau Yun. Not every stall makes it the same. Some are sweetness together with crunchy, some chewy, some has to a greater extent than fish, some only floury... but no affair what, nosotros Kamparians beloved it, embracing the differences of each stall's Jau Yun. We beloved them all the same.

Initially I wanted to exercise the whole thing.. from the noodle soup, the fishball (the procedure is a chip different, together with that explains the unlike texture from regular fishballs)and everything else, but how much fourth dimension exercise I convey for this? I don't, sadly.



The terminal fourth dimension I made Jau Yun was to a greater extent than than xx years ago. It was a collaboration betwixt my blood brother together with I. But nosotros cheated amongst some pork, but no i knew. Our friends from MYF all ate happily. This time, I made it amongst only fish, together with I'm glad amongst the result.

The ones sold inwards town,uses MSG every bit flavouring, similar virtually hawker nutrient exercise together with I know many exercise hatred its usage. So I convey replaced it amongst an anchovy cube of which it nevertheless does incorporate MSG (if you lot tin laissez passer the axe larn a MSG gratis cube, therefore skillful for you). Personally I grew upwards eating MSG at home, therefore I'm ok amongst its usage every bit long every bit it's non likewise much.

I know many Kamparians out of town are missing this similar crazy, because I ever larn asked on how to brand this. I promise this recipe volition live of locomote to you.



Kampar Jau Yun
Tasted together with recreated past times WendyinKK
Makes unopen to 45-50 pcs

100gm fish flesh (I used Malaysian Food Fest Perak Month hosted past times WendyinKK of Table for two or more


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close