Love To Bake Pandan H2o Chestnut Jelly - Jelly #1


I saw this greenish affair dessert at a dimsum shop. I was curious together with and hence I ordered 1 serving. To my surprise it was waterchestnut ‘cake’ that wasn’t made of waterchestnut flour together with instead was made amongst konnyaku jelly. It also has approximately canned tropical fruit chunks inwards it together with and hence it didn’t sense of savour much of waterchestnut.



I came home, planning to replicate it, without the pineapple. I hoped I could instruct without nutrient colouring, but the whole affair turned real tedious together with unappealing later I added citric acid. I seat inwards two drops of nutrient colouring to brighten upwards the green. If y'all inquire me whether the citric acid tin forcefulness out survive omitted, Hmm..since I wasn’t using whatever canned fruits, it’s a must. Canned fruits unremarkably convey citric acid added in, so, it’s ok to omit whatever additional citric acid specially if you’re going to role the syrup from the tin forcefulness out too. Konnyaku needs something acidic to assistance inwards the setting..if not, it’ll survive rather wobbly. Lime or lemon juice is non suitable here, I experience because it volition orbit the jelly a calorie-free tang. That is why I chose to role citric acid. You tin forcefulness out role malic acid if y'all want.
I made this for approximately guests who came to my house. My endeavour used 250gm of carbohydrate equally said on the packaging, but personally I abide by it besides sweet. I recommend 200gm instead.


Pandan Water Chestnut Jelly
past times WendyinKK 

8 H2O chestnuts, chopped
three cups H2O (750ml)
200gm fine granulated sugar
10gm konnyaku powder
¼ tsp citric acid
1 loving cup pandan juice (from 1 loving cup snipped pandan leaves + 1 loving cup water)
1-2 drib greenish colouring (optional)
1 egg white

1. Bring H2O together with waterchestnuts to a boil.
2. Meanwhile mix carbohydrate together with konnyaku powder. Spoon together with sprinkle inwards the carbohydrate mixture into the boiling waterchesnuts. Stir to brand certain everything is dissolved.
3. Put inwards pandan juice. Bring everything dorsum to a boil. Lower to medium rut (just plenty rut to popular off along it at a boil, but non plenty to overflow)
4. Put inwards citric acid. (The greenish hue of the pandan volition plough dull). Add inwards nutrient colouring to your preference.
5. Beat egg white together with piece of cake drizzle inwards (stir all the fourth dimension equally your drizzle the egg white in).
6. Turn off the rut together with pour into the mould to set.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close