New Ifbc Too Last Seen

Photo courtesy of Robin Ove, from
the blog, What About the Food
Michele together with I simply returned from a wonderful long weekend inwards Portland, where nosotros attended the 2012 International Food Bloggers Conference. It was our kickoff see to “Stumptown,” together with nosotros thoroughly enjoyed our remain (although, I never did come across fifty-fifty i stump).

People were rattling friendly, together with the local nutrient scene was equally vibrant together with interesting equally I’d heard it would be, but the highlight was the photography workshop I got to participate inwards alongside my friend, together with celebrated NY Times nutrient photographer/writer, Andrew Scrivani.

Despite a few shaver glitches, nosotros somehow managed to fool the large audience into thinking we’d set on an informative together with highly entertaining show. My theory is that they were then hung over from the nighttime earlier that they weren’t fully aware what was going on, but nevertheless, the reviews on Twitter were embarrassingly positive.

In representative y'all missed it, here’s a video that my friends at Jenn-Air shot, showing some highlights from the session. I’d similar to give thank y'all them for sponsoring the event, along alongside Anolon, Wüsthof, OXO, together with Ninja. Also, a huge give thank y'all you to Sheri, Barnaby, together with the residuum of the Foodista/Zephyr Adventures’ squad for inviting me to participate, together with for putting on such a fun event. See y'all adjacent yr inwards Seattle!

For additional coverage of the event, I invite y'all to cheque out Andrew’s IFBC post, likewise equally my novel friend Paola Thomas’ entertaining recap here. Enjoy!


A Few Random Post-IFBC Thoughts:

Saying Goodbye to Social Media
It’s over. The social media bubble is simply most to burst, together with anyone who is unfortunate plenty to travel standing underneath it when it does is going to larn soaked alongside scalding hot irony. That’s right, the rattling nutrient bloggers whose unbridled enthusiasm for social self-promotion helped construct this cheesy soufflé, are straight off tiring of the pungent scent, together with openly rooting for its collapse. Shame on us. I’d produce a Facebook poll to come across what y'all think, but past times the fourth dimension I figure out how to set it up, the site volition in all probability travel down.

Instagram, FTW
One app immune to this social media fatigue is Instagram. It seems equally though nutrient bloggers dearest it simply equally much equally the nutrient inwards their pictures. It’s no wonder. Thanks to Instagram’s filters, those forgettable jail cellular telephone telephone shots nosotros used to post service are straight off vivid works of art…every i of them…brilliant. What used to travel a blurry eggplant is straight off transformed into a scene then poignant, Joseph Pulitzer would weep. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to gear upwardly a shot of my truthful cat sipping on a cappuccino.

Portland Has Great Food
Michele together with I had i bully repast afterwards some other during our stay. We enjoyed the uniquely delicious cuisine of Le Pigeon, got our smoke on at Ox, together with dined al fresco at Departure, where nosotros experienced a sentiment equally spectacular equally Chef Gregory Gourdet’s food. And, don’t fifty-fifty larn me started on the amazing local beer together with cocktails. I await forrad to a supply trip soon, then nosotros tin cheque out all the places nosotros missed. Thanks i time to a greater extent than to everyone to chimed inwards alongside recommendations!
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close