Love To Bake Palm Carbohydrate No Bake Char Siu - Bellygood # 3


My husband's identify unit of measurement are large Char Siu lovers.

Last twelvemonth early on inward October, I organized a dinner over at my domicile for around unopen relatives who missed our house warming party as well as cooked 5 dishes 1 soup. I had no help this time, as well as then I must conception my carte du jour carefully. Since this pork dish is the favourite of many who volition hold upward coming as well as I tin forcefulness out produce this ahead of time, I decided to brand this. It's perfect because I volition  have fourth dimension for other dishes that needs to hold upward cooked every bit well-nigh to dinner fourth dimension every bit possible.

Sometime agone I saw two bloggers (Lena as well as HKChoo) making char siu alongside palm carbohydrate alongside the same recipe from a local magazine. I wonder how is the gustatory modality like..
So I substituted the regular carbohydrate inward the recipe that I bring been using all the fourth dimension to palm carbohydrate as well as added inward pandan leaves inward identify of Chinese rose vino for the odor factor.


Palm Sugar No Bake Char Siu
Recipe source: WendyinKK

600gm pork belly, 1.5cm thick slices
80gm palm sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp low-cal soy sauce
2 blades of pandan leaf, shredded

1. Arrange belly slices into a heavy based pot (big pot alongside broad base of operations surface is preferred rather than modest pot).
2. Add everything except plam sugar. Put plenty H2O to embrace the belly.
3. Bring to a boil as well as lower to a simmer for xx minutes. (Lid on)
4. Flip the belly over as well as allow it produce for around other fifteen minutes. Flip the belly pieces again.
5. Put inward palm carbohydrate as well as trim gravy until it's thick similar honey. (Lid off. Use medium estrus as well as spotter the char siu closely to forestall burning)
6. Let the char siu cool inward pot. Slice when it has totally cooled down.

*I cooked this half dozen hours ahead of dinner fourth dimension : )


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close