Love To Bake Crab Cake Burgers - Seafood Calendar Week # 3

I never ever reckon I’d brand crab cakes. Never! Simple because crab meat is pricey.

For CNY this year, my FIL went on a seafood spree. Bought this together with that together with this together with that. My MIL looked at the pack of crab meat together with asked me, “Do yous know how to complete this up??”
Haha, of course of didactics I do! The easiest means is crab cakes. It uses a non bad bargain of crab meat.

And together with hence few days earlier the 24-hour interval I was supposed to ready this (hey, I demand to purchase together with get together ingredients ok, it’s non similar I desire to ready now, I tin ready now), I together with hence had the reckon of making burgers out of the crab cakes together with and hence hahaha, brand my ain mayo!!! Lime mayo amongst crab sounds practiced eh??? This crab cake burger is 100% homemade, except that I didn’t brand the raw ingredients myself, didn’t flora my ain lettuce, didn’t flora my ain wheat, but then, all made from scratch.

I’m non that ever that item close my food, but I conduct keep it every bit a learning experience. Of course, buying buns together with mayo is like.. walking side past times side door only. Yes, I create hateful that literally. My electrical flow neighbour, forepart together with side are grocery stores together with 2 to a greater extent than few doors away. But then, it’s a practiced gamble for me to add together to a greater extent than ‘posts” to my blog. Kekekekeke. But inward the process, I create acquire something novel of course. I’ll speak close my mayo side past times side time. And my burger buns too.

Today it’s alone close the crab cake burger.


These are the crab cakes


The recipe initially called for 1 pound of crab meat, hence together with hence I reduced everything accordingly together with skipped most of the seasonings every bit I can’t live on bothered to become acquire mustard that I don’t’ genuinely consume.
I too, similar the other try-ers of this recipe constitute it every bit good wet, fifty-fifty when I skipped the lemon juice together with the mayo. My crab meat were moist but they weren’t moisture every bit they weren’t frozen inward H2O every bit about inward supermarkets are. I constitute it hence so difficult to shape into patties together with flour them earlier frying. So, inward the end, I threw the flour that I prepared to coat the patties amongst into the whole mixture itself. Phew, life is easier together with hence on. I could shape soft balls of it together with gently identify them into the pan. Life is total of contingency plans. Just don’t sit down at that spot together with cry. Crab meat is real expensive to live on wasted.

Crab Cake Burgers
Crab cake recipe loosely adapted from recipes/paula-deen/crab-cakes-recipe/index.html">Paula Deen

350gm crab meat
1/3 loving cup chopped blood-red capsicum
1 loving cup chopped saltation onion (green together with white, 2 large sprigs)
1/3 loving cup finely solid set down Ritz crackers (can utilization to a greater extent than actually)
1 egg
iii Tbsp all role flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp dark pepper powder
8 burger buns
Some butter for spreading
2 cups of coarsely chopped iceberg lettuce
Some homemade lime mayo (recipe to live on posted don’t know when) every bit dressing or whatever other dressing of choice


1. Mix all together together with shape 8 balls.
2. Heat a pan on medium depression rut together with seat inward about cooking oil.
3. Place balls of crab mixture into pan, together with amongst an oiled spatula, carefully press the mixture downward to shape a patty.
4. Fry until both sides are golden.
5. Dish upwards together with drain on absorbent papers.
6. Split burger buns into one-half together with lightly butter them earlier toasting on a build clean pan.
7. Place crab cake onto the lower one-half of the toasted bun, locomote past times amongst a tablespoon of lime mayo together with and hence about coarsely chopped lettuce earlier roofing amongst upper one-half of bun.

All packed into a large Tupperware together with volition live on transported to my inward law's identify to live on chowed downward together
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close