Love To Bake Mango Salad Alongside Dried Cuttlefish - Mff Kedah Perlis #9




The final of my Kedah Perlis dishes! Phew! All done!

Because this month, I am host cum organizer, I am supposed to create half-dozen dishes, but since in that place weren't much on the internet, I decided to create to a greater extent than as well as hence that in that place volition live on to a greater extent than ideas as well as to a greater extent than recipes to pick out from.

Kerabu or Salad made amongst dried cuttlefish is quite mutual inwards Chinese restaurants, but unremarkably they come upwardly amongst cucumber. But inwards Kedah, specially Serdang area, the restaurants accept come upwardly up amongst versions that uses greenish mango (see here) or fifty-fifty greenish apple(see here). Again, I saw this on the TV show,  Taste amongst Jason (Axian)



Since I accept never eaten this, I await at the pictures as well as I tried to imagine the taste. One of my reader, Mel, has a cousin who dines at Sin Aik Kee real often, almost similar weekly. So, she helped me inquire what are the ingredients detected inwards the salad. I was told, lime, chilli, as well as honey. No belacan. The rest, I could come across visually.

Lena helped me larn these dried cuttlefish equally the ones sold inwards Giant were pretty bland. Lena equally good helped me inquire her friend on how to brand the crispy cuttlefish only similar inwards restaurants. I was told, to dry out pocket-size on the pan.

So, this dish was made amongst the assist of my friends! All helping towards MFF. Thank yous Mel as well as Lena.


If yous desire to create the mango version, larn the greenish crunchy type that is easily flora inwards Klang Valley's cutting fruit stalls. I suspect those used inwards the salad is that type of mango because on TV, the clients continue on maxim it's real crunchy. Other greenish mangoes aren't that crunchy, except that type. So, for best results, larn to the cutting fruit stalls as well as inquire for a whole uncut mango. That mango is crunchy as well as non real sour, I usually cannot resist buying i bundle if I come across it, those that are already peeled as well as cut.

But inwards KK, I cannot larn that type of mango, as well as hence I used any I could find.


Mango Salad amongst Dried Cuttlefish
Recipe source: WendyinKK
Original Idea: Sin Aik Kee, Serdang Kedah

1 greenish mango (approximately 300gm)*
1 crimson onion (rather small)
2 bird’s optic chilli
1 Tbsp calamansi juice
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
Some dried cuttlefish (I used almost four pcs of five inch long of manifestly ones)

1. Tear dried cuttlefish as well as dry out pocket-size inwards a pan on depression rut until it dries upwardly (you tin dismiss bake inwards oven).
2. Prepare dressing. Mix calamansi juice, sugar, dear as well as tabular array salt together. Slice chilli as well as seat into the dressing. Stir as well as allow it sit down equally yous ready the rest.
3. Thinly while onions.
4. Wash the mango properly as well as cutting mango into sparse matchsticks, pare on.**
5. Place mango as well as onion into a bowl. Pour dressing over. Toss. Put inwards dried cuttlefish as well as hand it a lite toss. Serve immediately

*Alternate fruits that tin dismiss live on used: Guava as well as greenish apple
**Pls create non operate a grater. Grated mango volition live on wetter as well as mouthfeel non equally good.


Try to julienne the mango this agency for fifty-fifty length, non perfectly equal, but at to the lowest degree similar as well as each while has some skin



Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close