Love To Bake Miyeok Guk, Korean Seaweed Soup - Confinement Calendar Month # 9



My blood brother went to Korea lately too bought a large pack of Korean seaweed for his married adult woman too I.  My SIL only had a baby, Arianna v weeks earlier Reuben came by. Yes, he is Reuben for life now. It's dark too white inwards his nascency certificate. My honey blood brother too hence bought the beef stock pulverization from Jaya Grocer, googled upwards a recipe, passed to my mom too taught my mom how to laid it for my SIL who was inwards confinement at that time.

Miyeok is Korean for seaweed. It is a traditional confinement nutrient for Korean novel mothers. It is non alone consumed for confinement, but also for birthdays to remind the birthday girl/boy of the milk the woman raise passed to them. Miyeok is rich inwards calcium too iodine too when i breastfeeds, these ii nutrients are crucial to the nursing mother. It nourishes the woman raise good when the woman raise nourishes the baby. It's actually draining on the woman raise if nutrients are non replenished well.

The type of miyeok or seaweed that my blood brother bought is whole leaf, wild too non cultivated. Therefore, in that place are bits of shrimp, crab or pocket-size bivalves clinging to the seaweed. You tin role wakame if yous cannot larn miyeok. I broke upwards the miyeok to mensurate too cook. The seaweed is a PITA to photograph. Not alone the seaweed, the whole dish is super difficult. Later alone I remembered the external flash that is inwards the dry out box. I should've used that but likewise bad, I ate upwards the soup too had it digested already, too I am likewise lazy to laid only about other visually nice bowl of soup. Garnishing is a chore.

Took this motion painting afterward I remembered my flash too it's hence much clearer. Darn it!
LOL.
The miyeok was most 1 feet long when it was passed to me afterward my SIL took her portion.
I had to interruption only about each fourth dimension whenever I ready this soup. It volition lead maintain me forever to complete this component of miyeok.


Miyeok Guk
Recipe adapted from: recipes/">SgMummy

6gm miyeok (weigh, every bit visual approximation tin actually differ alot)
1 clove garlic
1 tsp sesame crude oil (smashed or chopped, every bit yous like)
1 loving cup H2O
1/4 tsp beef stock pulverization (optional, or u tin role whatever stock pulverization yous prefer)
few slices of meat (beef, chicken or pork, or fish)

1. Soak inwards mutual depression temperature tap water miyeok for 15 minutes. Drain too cutting smaller of they are big.
2. Heat a saucepan on medium depression heat. Put inwards sesame crude oil too saute garlic until fragrant.
3. Put inwards miyeok too ready for a while.
4. Put inwards water, convey to a boil. The soup volition plough whitish.
5. Put inwards meat slices too convey dorsum to a boil.
6. Put inwards stock pulverization or flavor amongst salt.


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close