Love To Bake Serpent Gourd Amongst Spicy Eggs Stir Little - Cucurbits #2



I convey never eaten this earlier I hitting 24 years old.

One day, my ex colleague as well as I decided to purchase tiffin from a "lunch van" that stops past times as well as sells tiffin to our manufacturing industrial plant life workers. The mobile nutrient stall was operated past times a Malay uncle as well as I conduct house to encounter this cute U shaped matter that looks oral fissure watering. I seat some of that into my nutrient box, paid money as well as went dorsum to my desk as well as can't hold off to gustation this U shaped veggie. To my surprise I similar it a lot!

I didn't know what it was until I looked carefully at the pare as well as realised it's serpent gourd. Hmm, never knew serpent gourd tin dismiss hold upwardly this delicious.





That fourth dimension I was even thus staying amongst my buddies inwards USJ Court vii as well as they were surprised when I cooked this for them.  It was something novel for everyone, because this serpent gourd is non a familiar sight inwards Chinese cuisine.

Don't worry, this gourd isn't slithery, neither does it move. It doesn't alive upwardly to its name, LOL.


Snake Gourd amongst Spicy Egg Stir Fry
Recipe by: WendyinKK
Tasted as well as recreated from a tiffin van inwards Shah Alam S25

1 serpent gourd (about 200gm)
two shallots
two cloves garlic
1 minor spell of turmeric (about 1tsp amt)
1 crimson chilli
1 egg
1/3 tsp tabular array salt or more
2 Tbsp oil
¼ loving cup water

1. Wash serpent gourd. Half the gourd as well as scoop seeds out amongst spoon. Slice the gourd virtually 4-5mm thick.
2. Mill shallots, garlic, turmeric as well as chilli together.
3. In a wok, seat inwards oil. On medium heat, sauté the chilli glue until dry out as well as fragrant.
4. Put inwards tabular array salt as well as serpent gourd slices as well as toss them around to railroad train for virtually 1 minute.
5. Push the gourd slices to the side as well as fissure the egg to the center. Spread the egg a fleck as well as force the gourd slices dorsum in. Scramble the egg as well as gourd together.
6. Put inwards ¼ loving cup H2O as well as allow it railroad train until the H2O is no longer visible.
7. Taste it, suit if necessary as well as and thus dish up.


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close