Love To Bake Dark Chicken Amongst Dark Dates Soup


When I was a kid, my mom ever double boil dark chicken amongst angelica as well as dark dates. And I was a kid, angelica tasted bitter to me. Well, possibly she used a lot, similar ane whole beginning of it, inwards only a modest double boiler. I wonder why, amongst regular white chicken, it’s ever crimson dates, but when it’s a silkie/black chicken, it’s ever dark dates. Hmmm… matching skins? Black amongst black? Uh-huh, I don’t know. I alone know it gustatory modality practiced now, cos I used much lesser angelica than my mom.

Angelica is a lady’s herb, so, create non feed to much of this to your human being or your pre-puberty kids. You don’t desire to mess amongst their hormones. H5N1 fleck is fine, equally this herb is also used inwards Bak Kut Te h, the famous pork herbal soup from Klang, but non also much as well as non also often. And create non swallow angelica when you’re important too. That’s all I know.


The soup is really sweet, minimal common salt needed to add together a salty border to it. I alone used ½ tsp for the whole pot of soup. Without the dang shen, the soup looks clearer, as well as hence conform yourself, to purpose dangshen or not, but it’s actually overnice amongst it.


1 Black Chicken/Silkie, mine was nearly 900gm, dressed weight
80gm dark dates
30gm dang shen
three pieces Angelica Sinensis root, dang guei
1 Tbsp wolfberries
2.5L water

1. Bring H2O to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, rinse the dangshen as well as wolfberries. Dangshen may incorporate dirt. Very lightly rinse angelica.
3. Remove seeds from dark dates.
4. When H2O has come upward to a rolling boil, lay inwards whole chicken as well as herbs. Bring dorsum to a boil as well as lower oestrus to simmer for 2.5hours.
5. Season amongst common salt as well as plow off heat. Let the soup sit down for one-half an hr as well as skim off fat. But to a greater extent than fatty volition surface in ane trial y'all pause upward the chicken.

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close