Love To Bake M Marnier Orangish Fruit Cake


My mom loves fruit cakes. It's her favourite bake of the season. Well, genuinely she loves everything I bake, period.

Moist Chocolate Cakes for Church friends, 2008 I made three Sarawak Layered Cakes, cutting together with divided for a selected few(was heavily pregnant amongst Lyanne at 36 weeks), 2009 I made Surprise Eggs for Church friends together with alcohol gratis orangish fruit cake for neighbours. Do my church building friends give me bakes every bit gifts too? Nah, but they create attempt to give me edible gifts similar chocolates, candies for my kids or cute teddy acquit pastas. I'm the exclusively 1 who give bakes every bit gifts.

One cake that is strongly related to Christmas is fruit cake. Somehow I create non understand, why brand fruitcake during Christmas season? Is it due to it beingness colourful, similar the ornaments on a Christmas tree? But so again, I recollect it must locomote due to wintertime where exclusively dried fruits are available together with hence, Mince Pies together with Fruit Cakes were baked for the occasion. It's to a greater extent than similar a Western thingy rather than something amongst religious meaning. But then, it's practiced excuse at nowadays to bake it.


I made ii fruit cakes this twelvemonth to clear lots of dried fruits from my fridge. That's the best excuse to brand fruit cakes, clear fridge, LOL. One was amongst liquor, together with 1 without. The 1 without liquor volition locomote cut, wrapped together with given to my left together with correct neighbours who are my regular customers together with to a few church building friends. Scroogy hoh? One cake, divided for so many people! It's only a festive gesture. Here, it's park practise to give only about (doesn't demand to locomote a whole cake) away, only for taste. Unless it's a gift for a specific purpose, similar housewarming, so it's overnice to give a whole cake. But so again, 1 whole fruit cake is similar so much. And if I genuinely create give the whole fruit cake, I recollect the recipient volition locomote like, "Woah, how to complete this????" Fruit cakes are different other cakes where it tin locomote easily "cleaned up".

** Yow Lin, Chiew Yoong, Susan together with the Lee identify unit of measurement who mightiness locomote reading, gauge you lot oredi knew what I'm giving u guys this year, kekekeke**

The cake higher upwards is amongst liquor together with the 1 below is without.


Finally, I'm beingness non likewise scroogy. Still am, but non every bit bad. Well, I used one-half liquor one-half juice for the liquor infused cake, hahaha. Not total liquor. I'm non that generous, fifty-fifty if it's for personal consumption.
But still, no nuts together with no candied peels. I withal prefer fresh orangish zest together with it to locomote all fruits.

And this time, I allow Lydia exercise the knife for the get-go time. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 dinner knife it was, together with I watched over her all the time. She was happy that I allow her aid out. She withal doesn't know how to pose her finger inward a condom position and how to exercise the pushing displace to cut, instead she was only forcing the knife down. Sometimes using both hands only to cutting a cherry. Needs practice.


Grand Marnier Orange Fruit Cake
Recipe source: Wendyywy

150gm cherries (red together with green), coarsely chopped
100gm currants
100gm golden raisins
100gm dark raisins
100ml fresh orangish juice
100ml Grand Marnier
Zest from the oranges that you lot juiced from

Combine everything except the cherries (I was worried that soaking inward alcohol might loose the colours) together with cover. Let it soak overnight inward the fridge. The side yesteryear side day, combine amongst coarsely chopped cherries spell you lot soften the butter.

250gm butter
150gm sugar
iv eggs
225gm all exercise flour
100ml Grand Marnier

1. Preheat oven to 130/150C. Line a 8 inch foursquare pan.
2. Cream butter together with saccharide until lite together with creamy.
3. Put inward eggs 1 yesteryear one, beating good subsequently each addition.
4. Sift flour into the butter mixture together with trounce on depression speed until no clumps are seen.
5. Fold soaked fruits together with all the remaining liquid into the batter.
6. Pour batter into pan, degree together with bake for 1.5hours.
7. Remove cake from oven together with directly drizzle Grand Marnier over hot cake. Pull downward the side liners. Let it the cake air together with when cake has totally cooled, roll together with proceed for a calendar week earlier comsuming.
(I kept the cake wrapped at room temperature of 29-35C, I discovery chilled butter based cakes create non sense of savour every bit overnice subsequently chilling, the cake looks real practiced amongst no mould together with fungus due to the presence of liquor.)


Verdict: Compared to the non liquor version, of course of didactics this is nicer. And slightly sweeter too, due to the liquor. But less orangy that the non liquor version because it used less zest. It is soft together with moist, different traditional Western fruitcakes which are a lot lot sweeter together with a lot lot denser. Just imagine it beingness a butter cake, but amongst fruits.

I'm certain most of you lot convey read virtually Swee San's Christmas giveaway. I'm submitting this for that event.
She asked to include this excerpt, so I meliorate create it, since she said it's a "MUST".

"This is my entry for the Christmas Giveaway hosted yesteryear Swee San of The Sweet Spot"

And I'm submitting this to Aspiring Bakers December 2010 challenge

I withal convey only about other Christmas ship service coming upwards tomorrow.

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close