Love To Bake Chocolate Banana Cake

I made this cake for my blood brother inwards police trace few weeks back. It was a surprise cake for him..

Actually I alone knew that twenty-four hr menses was his birthday at 2.30pm. And Mother inwards Law asked us out for dinner to direct keep a surprise celebration for him. 2.30pm, together with dinner at 6.30pm. 4 hours!!!!! What tin sack I create inwards 4 hours???

I knew he likes chocolate together with I had some prissy Dole bananas at home. So, I speedily made chocolate ganache together with kept it chilled piece I baked the sponge. Then I had to hold back for the cake to cool downwards totally earlier filling it. When it was cool enough, I whipped one-half the ganache to lighten it together with hence speedily filled the cake amongst the whipped ganache together with some sliced bananas.

Then I constitute that I don't direct keep plenty whipped ganache for the covering. I hence remembered I had a pocketbook of croquants, hence I covered the sides amongst it, together with used the unwhipped ganache to brand decorative swirls approximately the cake, which was hedious, because the ganache was rather every bit good firm.

The Chinese advert for my BIL was badly done, I piped a few layers for the words every bit some parts were thicker, some parts thinner. Well, later everything was done, I speedily popped it into the freezer for a piece earlier I photographed it. Then popped it dorsum into the freezer until dinner time. It was already 5.30pm!!!


Dinner time. My blood brother inwards police trace didn't suspect anything. Dinner went on every bit park at a restaurant. Well, nosotros consume out often, hence at that spot was zero special close that. But at the destination of it, the cake came out together with he was delighted!!!!! Lydia was thinking of blowing candles, but hence nosotros told her, no, it's Jik Jik's cake (Jik Jik way uncle, younger blood brother of begetter inwards Hokkien, a Chinese dialect)


Everybody enjoyed the cake, particularly my MIL, she said it's her commencement fourth dimension eating a fresh banana cake.
My FIL didn't consume much that night, because he was full, eventhough I direct keep warned everybody close dessert, but the adjacent day, he was searching for the cake, ahahah!!!! But he came slightly every bit good late. The cake was finished simply earlier he asked.




I did some mistakes amongst this cake.... the sponge wasn't black enough. Maybe I didn't role cocoa powder, but used melted chocolate for the sponge. The whipped ganache filling wasn't discernable visually, but looked absolutely homogenous amongst the sponge. Sigh.... but nontheless, everybody enjoyed the cake.

With the adjacent shot, the filling is slightly discernable from the cake


I volition brand this cake again, if e'er it gets requested, together with I volition definately non create the same sponge again.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close