Love To Bake Fresh Apricot Galette Amongst Almond Crust


The dough became a batter.
That was what happened when I followed the recipe (not telling the source ;-P ).

Then I checked other recipes out,
My Baker’s Dozen Cookbook says
1 loving cup flour in addition to ¾ stick butter

Another recipes.com/recipes/all_butter_crust_for_sweet_and_savory_pies_pate_brisee/">site says
1 in addition to ¼ loving cup flour for 1 stick of butter.

So how tin this recipe I used telephone phone for 1 loving cup flour alongside 1 in addition to ½ stick of butter. That’s similar double amount of butter compared to the 1 inward Baker’s Dozen. Gosh…. Learnt my lesson the difficult way.

I added to a greater extent than flour in addition to almonds to brand the dough pliable, it’s yet soft, but means harder than before. At to the lowest degree it's manageble.
With all the additional flour in addition to Earth almonds, I had such a big piece of rolled out dough that it didn’t tally my freezer or fridge, thus I had to cutting it out to a 12 inch circle. I’ll utilization the cutting outs afterwards for a tart,

I felt thus “urgghhh!” that I didn’t fifty-fifty experience similar glazing the side alongside butter in addition to carbohydrate earlier baking.

Now, await at these pretty rosy apricots in addition to cool down...............................
They turned rosy after spending to a greater extent than than two weeks inward the fridge. If yous desire them to ripen quick, exactly exit them overnight inward a newspaper handbag at room temperature.


Ok, I've cooled down.


This recipe below should live on the 1 that works, I cutting 33% of what I truly used inward full for the dough today, since at that topographic point were extra dough.
I rewrote the master copy recipe to live on a logical recipe based on other recipes after everything was baked.

100gm all role flour
30gm almond meal
1 Tbsp icing/confectioners sugar
80gm salted butter (original needed 115gm, in addition to trust me, it doesn’t work)
2-4 Tbsp H2O ice H2O

five ripe rosy apricots (they await yellowish when unripe), delight sense of savour them at this betoken to create upward one's hear how much carbohydrate to sprinkle later
three Tbsp sugar, to a greater extent than if they are tart.

Some melted butter
Extra icing/confectioner’s carbohydrate for sprinkling

1. Preheat the oven at 180/200C. Prepare two pieces of non stick baking newspaper virtually thirteen inches square
2. Mix almond meal, icing carbohydrate in addition to flour together. Rub inward butter until mixture looks similar crumbs.
3. Add H2O chip yesteryear chip until dough tin live on formed. You may non demand all the water.
4. Lightly flour dough in addition to house dough inward betwixt the baking paper. Use a roller pivot in addition to whorl out the dough to live on come upward a 11-12 inch circle alongside virtually 3-4mm thickness.
5. Peel upper piece of paper. Place newspaper dorsum onto dough, lightly smoothen newspaper onto dough. (This is to repose removal later)
6. Place flattened dough, alongside the “upper” newspaper side downwards inward your baking tray. Now, withdraw the lower newspaper that is straight off on top.
7. Place the whole tray to freeze for 10 minutes (or chill for 30mins).
8. Meanwhile, piece the apricots (you tin utilization them unpeeled).
9. After 10 minutes, withdraw the dough from the freezer in addition to adjust all the apricot slices onto the dough, starting from 4-5cm from the edge. Sprinkle carbohydrate over apricots. Be generous if they are tart.
10. When organization is done, flexure edges of dough over fruit (use the baking newspaper to aid yous fold), overlapping each other, thus that at that topographic point volition non live on tears or gap that volition allow the juices to escape piece baking.
11. Brush folded edges alongside melted butter in addition to sprinkle alongside icing sugar.
12. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. (I did thirty mins entirely equally my apricots were starting to burn)


Verdict:
The apricots were thus so tart!!!! I squinced when I ate them, fifty-fifty after I sprinkled carbohydrate on, the sweetness went undetected. Only the sweetness from the crust tried to overcome the tartness of the imported apricots. I asked Mike’s aunt who likewise ate this whether the apricots she had dorsum when she was inward the United Kingdom of Great Britain in addition to Northern Ireland of Britain in addition to Northern Republic of Ireland tasted similar this, she said no, they were much sweeter. Sigh, volition sweetness apricots always become far on our shore???? Even these super sour ones were RM10.90 for five pcs. I went to Jusco over again the next calendar week (after I got these) and I saw them at RM8.90 for 8 pieces. Prices create alter fast.


Despite the super tart apricots, the crust was good. The Earth almonds madethe difference. I’ll create this over again side yesteryear side time, perhaps alongside apples, or plums or canned apricots, hahaha. But non alongside fresh apricots again, unless I larn by to larn sweetness ones.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close