Love To Bake Slow Creamy Curry Chicken


Before that, a elementary announcement:
Happy Eid Mubarak to all my Muslim friends too I'll endure away for the weekend, thus no postings too I can't reply whatever urgent questions regarding my posts, if you're planning to endeavor them during this holiday. Will endure dorsum inwards activity on Monday



Here inwards Malaysia, inside the Chinese community, in that place is a tradition of having a supper buffet the nighttime earlier the wedding, endure it the groom's side or the bride's side. Something similar a bridal shower that involves a heck lot of people. People volition endure busy looking at pre marriage shots, looking at the marriage room(groom's house), looking at the gown (bride's house), chat chat chat, drinkable imbibe drink... all nighttime long. It's existent entertaining!!!

Unlike the marriage reception where solely those invited are supposed to attend, similar if the card names Mr X solely , you're non supposed to convey your kids, too your aunts along. But yous may create thus for the supper buffet. Why? Because inwards Malaysia, in that place is a civilisation of giving monetary gifts for the marriage reception, too it depends on how many are attending. And the seats are limited. Some of our friends from the other ethnic groups jest yesteryear proverb the Chinese purchase tickets to attend marriage dinners. But for the supper buffet, No gifts are accepted so, no worries, merely come.. anyone, whatever amount.

I was the educate for my brother's supper buffet. I did it all nether RM500/300 pax. That was his budget that included newspaper cups too plates, too disposable cutlery.

The card was :

Pasta
4 types:
spaghetti
farfelle
spirals
liguine

with iii types of sauces
pork bolognese,
meat too mushroom gravy
curry chicken

Dessert
Red edible bean too dark gummy rice sweetness soup,
Bubur Chacha,

Drinks
Orange Cordial, Chinese tea.


Mom's friend made some taro mantous for the nighttime every bit well.
I merely wanted to create something out of the norm that unremarkably consist of fried noodles, curry chicken, fried chicken or fishballs, too sweetness soups, too perhaps another kuih too snacks, too I spent solely RM300/++

The guests came unexpected of the menu. They told my mom that they shouldn't conduct keep taken dinner beforehand (Because unremarkably it's the expected stuff, it's a combat boring, yous know, thus ameliorate swallow dinner earlier yous come) . Everybody was eating their pump out, particularly the curry chicken.


When it came to my pre- marriage supper buffet........ I became my ain cook.

The card was:
Pandan Coconut Rice (green nasi lemak, using basmathi rice)
Japanese Shortgrain Coconut Rice (yeah, this i sticks piece the basmathi is fluffy, conduct i :P)
Chili Squid Sambal, hard boiled eggs
Acar Rampai (Malay mode pickled veggies)
Curry Chicken (This i cannot endure missed out from the menu, every bit I got thus many rave reviews during my brother's wedding)
Fried Hutou Vermicelli
Fragrant Glutinous Rice (with mushrooms, chinese sausages too dried shrimp)
Marbled Pudding
Water Chestnut Dessert (changed to Soy Barley inwards the end, because the chestnuts odor bad)
Taro Sago Dessert
Orange Cordial too Chinese Tea

You may state I'm crazy, to create my ain pre-wedding supper buffet. I fifty-fifty got thus many discouragements to create it. Argued amongst my mom on that day, too I shed a lot of tears because "somebody" kept proverb I was looking for problem instead of lending a hand, on that supper twenty-four hours itself, yous know.. too I was thus busy inwards the kitchen too that somebody was merely mumbling away.
Well, I can't stand upwards the regular menus that caterers tin render me. I'm sick of them. How tin I serve them to the guests??? Call me picky, yes I am.

At the destination of the day... I'm merely glad that everybody loved the food, too I didn't conduct keep much leftovers.
You know how my guests swallow the curry chicken this time???? I made a larger pot of it, too luckily nosotros didn't convey all the curry out at once, they ate the curry yesteryear the platefuls. My mom looked inwards shock, it's similar every bit if they were slurping curry. But it was humourous.

I was thus tired out when everything was cleared upwards that I fainted inwards bed. Good thing, thus that I don't need to anticipate the arrival of "day" looking at the ceiling. :)

Even later on the wedding, at another family parties, some create come upwards up to me too said, hey, this curry is non every bit practiced every bit yours. Your curry chicken is my favourite.


Actually this curry is non hard to brand at all. It was a recreation of what I've tasted my my friend Yen Cher's house. My friends too I went to Kuantan for a brusque vacation too stayed at her house. Her mom cooked us a elementary creamy curry chicken. I slow savoured the curry, trying to think, how did she larn inwards thus nice.

Now, yous don't need to slow relish mine too dicipher the recipe, I'll give it to you, read on.

600gm (+/-50) chicken (I used two whole legs most this weight)
1 tsp salt
60gm shallots (about 4 rather large ones)
10gm garlic (2 large cloves)
1/4 loving cup oil, or sufficient crude to fry the aromatics, brand certain it's non likewise dry, or else it won't endure nice.
two lemon grass (4 inch from base, lightly smashed) too some curry leaves (both are optional)
50gm chicken curry pulverization (1 small-scale pack)
200ml Thick Coconut milk or milk extracted from 1 fruit
Water
400gm Russet Potatoes, most two medium sized ones. Or whatever other floury potatoes.
Extra tabular array salt for seasoning

1. Chop the chicken into smaller pieces. Marinate amongst 1 tsp salt. Leave for xxx minutes.
2. Finely chop shallots too garlic, or yous may piece of job a nutrient processor, but I don’t detect that necessary.
3. Heat wok amongst oil. Put inwards chopped garlic too shallots, fry until slightly golden too fragrant.
4. Put inwards curry pulverization too fry for a few seconds until fragrant. Add inwards lemon grass too curry leaves right away ( if using) too toss for a while.
5. Put inwards chicken too educate until the pare looks cooked. Put in2 or iii tablespoons of the kokosnoot cream (upper layer of the kokosnoot milk) too educate until the milky color disappears (the milk has turned to oil) Put inwards H2O to encompass the chicken.
6. While the H2O is coming to a boil, peel too cutting potatoes into chunks. Put them into the wok to educate amongst the chicken. Cover the wok. (Remember to stir them in i lawsuit a piece every bit the spices tend to settle at the bottom too tin larn burnt)
7. Cook the curry until the potatoes soften too thus cut down the gravy to desired amount.
8. Lastly pour inwards the remaining kokosnoot milk. Bring to a boil too gustatory modality flavor amongst salt.
9. Remove from estrus too dish up.

*Do non flavor anything amongst potatoes agency likewise early. If non yous volition destination upwards amongst a bland curry too extra salty potatoes.

This Curry Chicken is non spicy at all.  If yous wish to add together some  estrus to it, merely add together chilli pulverization or some ground  dried chillies into footstep (3)

This is a creamy curry chicken, amongst the creaminess derived from the melted russet potatoes too the kokosnoot milk that is added at the end. It gustatory modality almost similar Yeo's canned curry chicken, but Yeo's has candlenuts added inwards too mine doesn't.

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close