Love To Bake Steamed Brownies




Steamed brownies.... ha!

Frankly never liked brownies equally I establish them to hold upwards also dense too crumbly for my liking, to a greater extent than or less fifty-fifty sense of savour dry. But this one... is steamed. So it's better.

The recipe uses emulsifier, so it's pretty slowly to make. I mightiness crusade another time w/o the ovalette, modify the method and run into how it goes.


Mike loves this, but people who are non crazy for chocolates volition abide by this agency also chocolatey. I adapted the recipe from Pennylane's Kitchen but u may withal follow the original recipe exactly.

Ingredients
five eggs
ii egg yolks
180gr caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
10 gr emulsifier (ovalette)
1 Tbsp baking rhum (I omitted this)
150 gr flour, sifted
10 gr cornstarch
50 gr cocoa pulverization (dutch processed), sifted
150 gr butter
220 gr milk cooking chocolate ( I used Cadbury milk chocolate, which is a eating chocolate, too I didn't one-half the amount, used the whole big bar, thence I reduced to a greater extent than or less saccharide too to a greater extent than or less butter amount from the original recipe . The master copy recipe also called for chocolate paste, which I omitted, so I took upwards the courage to supersede that amongst to a greater extent than chocolate)
Rice chocolate/chopped night cooking chocolate, for filling.(I used choc rice, somehow I regretted it. Maybe night cooking choc volition hold upwards a meliorate choice)

Instructions:

1. Line viii inch circular pan amongst baking paper. Prepare your steamer(it’s gotta hold upwards bigger than the pan ). Fill it amongst sufficient H2O too convey it to boil on high heat.
2. Melt butter, too milk cooking chocolate. Let cool.
3. Beat egg yolks, egg whites, sugar, salt, emulsifier, baking rhum (I omitted this), flour too cornstarch at high speed until pale too thick.
4. Fold cocoa pulverization into egg batter amongst spatula until good blended. Fold inwards the butter-chocolate mixture, mix well. Make certain at that topographic point are no butter left at the bottom of your bowl.
5. Divide the batter into iii equal parts (weigh it if you’re non sure). Make certain the H2O is steaming hot now. Pour 1 utilisation of the batter into prepared pan, steam for near 10 minutes or until the surface sets.
6. Open your steamer, sprinkle rice chocolate/chopped night cooking chocolate evenly on the outset layer, so pour the 2nd utilisation of the batter. Steam for near 10 minutes or until the surface sets.
7. Open your steamer, sprinkle rice chocolate/chopped night cooking chocolate evenly on the 2nd layer, so pour the tertiary utilisation of the batter. Steam for near xx minutes or until the whole cake is done (do the toothpick test, if necessary).
8. Take the pan out of the steamer, allow cool downwardly totally on a rack. Turn the cake into cake board. Slice it nicely, serve.

Oh ya 1 thing, I establish that later I changed my wok lid from aluminium to stainless steel, steamed cakes appear to cause got taken the waves. So to my readers who tried my steamed cupcakes too had waves, is the encompass u used stainless steel? My friend who made my seri muka also confirmed my point. Test first, it's only my assumption. If ur steamer encompass is stainless steel, crusade high oestrus for the outset layer, if it's wavy, steam the 2nd layer amongst medium high. If it's withal wavy, utilisation medium. I used medium high for my concluding layer too it had less waves than my outset ii layers.
I cutting this brownie agency also sooon...... See how the gooey chocolate flowed downwardly similar a waterfall????

I waited longer, allow it cool downwardly farther too it was much better.

DO NOT REPEAT MY STUPID MISTAKE OF CUTTING THE BROWNIE TOO SOON!!!

Patience is a virtue..something that I lack :)


Care for a slice?
Yum yum!!!!
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close