Canelés De Bordeaux (Crispy Baked French Custards) – Concord The Mold!

I’ve wanted to create a Canelés de Bordeaux video forever, but only never got around to buying the especially designed molds that they require. After seeing a movie of them online a few days ago, I decided this would hold out the week, together with headed out to the i shop nigh me I knew carried the necessary hardware.

Since it was truly a hardware shop that besides carries lots of kitchen equipment, I figured they would convey the beeswax, every bit well. I’ve been inward that shop at to the lowest degree a hundred times, together with I would anyways come across the canelé molds beckoning me, but never pulled trigger, since I was unremarkably looking for something else.

So, you lot tin sack imagine my stupor when I walked downwards that aisle, every bit I’d done thence many times before, solely to respect they were no longer stocked. Thanks a lot, Amazon. Anyway, purely out of spite, I decided to brand them anyway, using a regular muffin pan, together with the results were pretty amazing.

As long every bit you lot laid them long enough, the muffin tin plant great, assuming you lot don’t help nigh getting the classic shape. Since this was an experiment, I solely did six, but I’ve scaled the recipe below to brand 12. I’m non certain how many existent canelé molds this recipe volition fill, but it’s belike closed to that. Either way, I truly promise you lot hand these a try soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for 12 Canelé de Bordeaux:
2 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons addition i teaspoon unsalted butter
1 loving cup white granulated sugar
1 loving cup all-purpose flour
4 egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or 1/8 teaspoon of fine salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 loving cup rum

For greasing pan:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons beeswax

- Bake at 450 F. for 10 minutes, together with thence at 375 F. for nigh l minutes more, or until good browned.

-- NOTE: These solely remain crispy for nigh 8 hours. So, fair alert if you lot programme to brand them a twenty-four hr menstruation ahead. I've never tried to re-crisp. 
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close